Wednesday 13th May 6pm Zwift ride

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

50 minute group ride starting at 6pm

Remember to follow Johnstone Wheelers on the companion app if you want an invite

Before the event is due to start make sure you have opened up the game and can see your avatar and bike - you can ride about on any course or just sit waiting. When it is 5 minutes to the start of the meetup a dialogue box will appear on the bottom left of the screen  - select that and it will take you to the start of the group ride.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yeah it was tougher than i was expecting - took a good 10 minutes to catch you and Mark once you had the gap!

I'm not sure why it was off i didn't change anything but it did feel a little more fluid in the climb and sprint sections.

I could make the Wednesday ride sticky draft off. Or have an additional ride on a Thursday which would normally be the chaingang night

• 2023 Subscriptions
5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Was going to ask if the sticky was indeed off. Hard chase to catch on during first lap before the ramps - a few matches burnt. Half expected G to come through and drive on the increase the gap on the 2nd. Felt a bit more like racing. 

I was blowing big time. 10 mins at 320+ watts to catch you. Needed a wee rest and inevitable we’d be caught once Jan put his foot down....

• 2023 Subscriptions
58 minutes ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Yeah it was tougher than i was expecting - took a good 10 minutes to catch you and Mark once you had the gap!

I'm not sure why it was off i didn't change anything but it did feel a little more fluid in the climb and sprint sections.

I could make the Wednesday ride sticky draft off. Or have an additional ride on a Thursday which would normally be the chaingang night

I suggest additional Thursday ride. Means folks can still get their steady rides in.

Glad to be of service ensuring you are kept in tip top condition George. 

Had I realised the sticky was genuinely  off I might have attempted a wee kick to make the chasers work for another 10 seconds more. 
Still in the dark over how the individual rider watts work. No way I was doing much over 270 for any length of time on the flatter sections but the respective w/kg figures do seem to even things out. Can’t be down to pure power as suggested on another thread, otherwise I’d get dropped early doors on the flat. 
just an observation - I do find I filter back through a bunch on descents even with the ergo boost. 

at the end of the day the break rarely lasts once the peloton sort themselves out and send in the big guns. Good to know everyone else found it a tough work out

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Struggled to hold 200w (2.4w/kg), so abandoned very early. Going to take today and maybe tomorrow off to let my legs recover a bit.