Friday 1st May 6pm Zwift ride - Sticky draft on.

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

50 minute group ride starting at 6pm sticky draft on so no-one will be dropped for this.

Remember to follow Johnstone Wheelers on the companion app if you want an invite

Before the event is due to start make sure you have opened up the game and can see your avatar and bike - you can ride about on any course or just sit waiting. When it is 5 minutes to the start of the meetup a dialogue box will appear on the bottom left of the screen  - select that and it will take you to the start of the group ride.

I don't yet know what the active maps are so i've set it up with watopia for the time being

• 2023 Subscriptions

Question for Mr McTavish. I like the chat during our rides but keep seeing comments from non members popping up. “Hi from Utah” and “let’s feel the hot sauce” sort of random bantz. 

is there any way of hiding this? 

• 2023 Subscriptions
30 minutes ago, George said:

Question for Mr McTavish. I like the chat during our rides but keep seeing comments from non members popping up. “Hi from Utah” and “let’s feel the hot sauce” sort of random bantz. 

is there any way of hiding this? 

Unfortunately not - couple of weeks ago i googled how to do this and all i found was people requesting the option to hide the non group ride chat

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Darryl Gunson said:

On the subject of chat on Zwift, has anyone used the Discord app? I’ve downloaded it but not used it yet - not 100% sure how to. It would be cool to actually talk to each other n’est pas?

I think a few were using it on the Tuesday APR.  Not tried it myself though so don't know how it works 

Was the first time using it the other night. Its pretty simple.

Get everyone to download it and set up a username.

One person creates a server (call it whatever you want)

That person then adds everyone as a friend and adds them to the server (you will need everyone's username incl #number)

Once on the server if you swipe right on the app you can join voice channel :)- good to go

P.S Not essential but there is an option to change what the microphone picks up. As normal discord has it "Voice activated" there is an option for "Push to speak". If you leave as standard there is a good chance you will hear some heavy breathing. If you change to push to speak a button will appear in the voice channel which you can push every time you want to speak- it wont pick up any noise unless its pressed 

Need any help etc can let me know

• 2024 Subscriptions

This the sever link I created. 

https://discord.gg/DpetEk

I think you need to download Discord and then you can just join this. Maybe try tonight.

Or, send me your user name and il can add 

You to my serve. If you want to do this by all means add me.

Daz Gunson#2171

• Committee

I can dictate text using Apple TV which works very well half the time when voice recognition works, and garbled nonsense otherwise. It does not recognise a) bike terms or b) Scottish names. Lol. So apologies for the drivel. 
I went zwift racing last night and it dropped the connection in the last 5k as I was planning my glorious attack. Another first world problem ...

• 2024 Subscriptions

How the excuses have evolved. I would have won but:

- my forks snapped and I had to find a blacksmiths to fix em

- my derailleur jammed

-  my chain snapped

- I punctured

- my heart rate monitor said I was on my max 

- my power meter said I couldn’t attack 

- my internet connection failed 

😄😀

• 2023 Subscriptions
4 hours ago, Darryl Gunson said: