Wednesday 8th April 6.30pm Zwift ride

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

60 minute group ride, sticky draft on so no-one will be dropped.

Remember to follow Johnstone Wheelers on the companion app if you want an invite

Before the event is due to start make sure you have opened up the game and can see your avatar and bike - you can ride about on any course or just sit waiting. When it is 5 minutes to the start of the meetup a dialogue box will appear on the bottom left of the screen  - select that and it will take you to the start of the group ride.

Route is Road to Ruins

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry about the mix up with sticky draft, was playing about with the settings and while doing so i automatically joined the start pen so didnt want to edit anything incase it lost the meetup!

Anyway great effort by David and Karen getting back onto the front bunch by the top of the hill in the jungle....Billy tantalising close only 2 seconds back. 

The bunch flows a bit more naturally without the sticky draft on, however its obviously not so good for keeping group together. So i’ll keep it on most of the time but maybe have a ride  each week without it. Or perhaps do back to back shorter meetups - say 45 minute ride with it on then a 10 minute break then a 30 minute ride with it off.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Don’t about yous I hit a higher HR for that ride than I do in a GT or WF TT, it was so sticky I was sitting at 290 watts and going backwards, totally spent and in need of a drink , Gin is hypertonic isn’t it 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Toiled really badly after getting gapped at the start, not sure why, maybe just a lack of watts. Anyway, threshold plus effort wasn't closing the gap, so just ground it out. Wrecked by the end.

Bring back the sticky draft.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I’m still not sure what’s going on. Are people still able to charge away despite there being this sticky draft thing? Andy was miles ahead with Richie. Richie then left but was still “there” then Darryl went ahead with Greg O even though Greg seemed to be showing zero watts. Is it just Zwift playing up?