Friday 3 April 6.30 zwift ride

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

60 minute group ride, sticky draft on so no-one will be dropped.

Remember to follow Johnstone Wheelers on the companion app if you want an invite

Before the event is due to start make sure you have opened up the game and can see your avatar and bike - you can ride about on any course or just sit waiting. When it is 5 minutes to the start of the meetup a dialogue box will appear on the bottom left of the screen  - select that and it will take you to the start of the group ride.

Course tonight is Richmond UCI

• 2023 Subscriptions
32 minutes ago, George said:

Tried again tonight. Eyeballs out at start but Zwift showing speed of 14mph on what looked to be flat. Binned it. 

I think the number of riders was causing things to slow as it felt like pedalling through treacle at the start - got better after that though

• 2023 Subscriptions
14 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Echoing David's comment, big thanks Iain. Looking ahead (post-Covid19) maybe it's possible to have club Races put on Zwift at some point, I noticed GGCC have a few 🙂

Would it not be better post lockdown to go outside and race to support your local race organiser , as Zwift is fun but it’s not racing 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Found that very hard tonight, but then putting an effort in for all the sprints/ climbs will do to you. Looking forward to Sunday. Planning to do the Danish Bike riders run first, then join in with 5 minutes recovery.🙄

• 2023 Subscriptions
35 minutes ago, AlanT said:

Found that very hard tonight, but then putting an effort in for all the sprints/ climbs will do to you. Looking forward to Sunday. Planning to do the Danish Bike riders run first, then join in with 5 minutes recovery.🙄

It was a bit like a HIIT workout wasn't it! What's the Danish ride like? Do you enjoy it?

• Committee

Massive lol. My pm failed to register for first two minutes so I probably held you all back with massive elastic band hence early  slow speeds. I had to ride mental to catch the bunch. 

All very good fun and only a computer game. Darryl is defo a man on the edge at mahoosive watts. Ride failed to load. Who cares. See youse Sunday. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
6 hours ago, Alan McLean said:

Thats cos I was stuck about 1k behind you for first 5 mins. It was our algorithm overlords who were laughing at you. Mwah ha ha.

I take myself far too seriously to joke about this sort of thing. You are all blocked 🥊

• 2023 Subscriptions
8 hours ago, KarenG said:

It was a bit like a HIIT workout wasn't it! What's the Danish ride like? Do you enjoy it?

Yeah, the danish ride is good. A bit more relaxed than these runs, but it's not fenced off, so if you get dropped, you get dropped. Having said that, they use sweepers to collect the back markers. Average pace is about 30kph, so not crazy.

• Committee
22 hours ago, George said:

Tried again tonight. Eyeballs out at start but Zwift showing speed of 14mph on what looked to be flat. Binned it. 

Thats cos I was stuck about 1k behind you for first 5 mins. It was our algorithm overlords who were laughing at you. Mwah ha ha.