Monday 23 March 6.30pm Zwift club ride

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

60 minute group ride, sticky draft on so no-one will be dropped

Remember to follow Johnstone Wheelers on the companion app if you want an invite

Also before the event is due to start make sure you have opened up the game and can see your avatar and bike - you can ride about on any course or just sit waiting. When it is 5 minutes to the start of the meetup a dialogue box will appear on the bottom left of the screen (plus on the companion app i think) - select that and it will take you to the start of the group ride.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Have to say I enjoyed last weeks run, and this mornings open ride was fabulous. I intend to be there, especially now I've got internet in my garage.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Well, that was fun. First Zwift ride done. I have to admit I hadn’t a clue what I was doing! It seemed a bit quick to me- is that the normal pace for the social ride? My 60 min power was over 240 watts (whatever that means 🤪).

Also, I didn’t notice any effect drafting or downhill. I presume this is only with a smart trainer.

First impressions are that it’s fun, but I need to get the hang of it. At least in real bunch you can sit in if someone is smashing it! 

When’s the next one😅

• 2023 Subscriptions

2 hours ago, Darryl Gunson said:

Well, that was fun. First Zwift ride done. I have to admit I hadn’t a clue what I was doing! It seemed a bit quick to me- is that the normal pace for the social ride? My 60 min power was over 240 watts (whatever that means 🤪).

Also, I didn’t notice any effect drafting or downhill. I presume this is only with a smart trainer.

First impressions are that it’s fun, but I need to get the hang of it. At least in real bunch you can sit in if someone is smashing it! 

When’s the next one😅

I set up the meetup with the sticky draft effect so no matter what power riders in the group are doing the group stays together.  That neutralises the effect of drafting etc - however even without the sticky draft then drafting isnt like on the road.

The powerfile of a race (or chaingang) on the road will have lots of peaks in power but also a lot of it going really easy and freewheeling and zone 1....on zwift a race or fast group the power file  doesn't have those bits of zone 1 it ismore like a TT effort (with a big spike in power at the start) then some over / unders depending on what is happening in the race.

Anyway 240 watts is good particularly for your weight, looked like you were sitting above 4 w/kg for most of the hour. Thats a right good effort!