Corona virus update

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

As posted elsewhere in the bunch, all confined events are cancelled until further notice. Our overriding priority is to ensure your health and safety as the nation moves through this difficult time. Stay well, and refer to the Scottish and national government guidelines.

• 2 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Aaaaand the good news is that the committee is considering a reduced programme of confined events starting from mid July, subject to guidance from SC/BC. The current view from that level is that club events won't be sanctioned until August. So, we can't say for certain right now when, or even if, a programme will take place, but the general principle will be that we will attempt to run the league of 10, the chocolate series, and the hilly TT series in a reduced format. Turn up, race go home. No holders. Results will be published when the timekeeper uploads them. Further updates to follow when more info becomes available.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:42 PM, AlanT said:

Aaaaand the good news is that the committee is considering a reduced programme of confined events starting from mid July, subject to guidance from SC/BC. The current view from that level is that club events won't be sanctioned until August. So, we can't say for certain right now when, or even if, a programme will take place, but the general principle will be that we will attempt to run the league of 10, the chocolate series, and the hilly TT series in a reduced format. Turn up, race go home. No holders. Results will be published when the timekeeper uploads them. Further updates to follow when more info becomes available.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The updated guidance fromSC is that club events are still suspended. So, no published programme of events. Yet.

Got to say, I'm a wee bit disappointed by that as I thought we could maintain social distancing on a time trial, but, heh ho.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/scotland/article/20200313-Scottish-Cycling-Coronavirus-COVID19-Guidance-0

• 2023 Subscriptions

The guidance is that ALL sanctioned club activities remain suspended. I interpret that as we can't organise any real events on the roads through the club. Of course, there is no reason why a group of individuals who have a common interest can't organise something amongst themselves, but as a club, we cannot be seen to support that. Yet.

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 hours ago, AlanT said:

The guidance is that ALL sanctioned club activities remain suspended. I interpret that as we can't organise any real events on the roads through the club. Of course, there is no reason why a group of individuals who have a common interest can't organise something amongst themselves, but as a club, we cannot be seen to support that. Yet.

This we all understand and appreciate the clarity about this.  My thoughts were to do some sort of segment challenge using the TT routes, which would easily fall within guidelines.  My suspicion is that any subsequent posting/boasting/moaning about times on the club forum would divide opinion about club endorsement and to ensure club compliance with current guidelines it would be simpler to not have us posting.  It would appear, for the sake of a couple more weeks, that waiting for day we resume some sort of club activity is the sensible way forward.

May I propose that we should consider reversing the hill climb route if we get to use it this year, hillclimbing just takes much more effort these days for some reason...

• 2023 Subscriptions

It looks like outdoor organised sports can start 13th July, a week after beer gardens open. You can all have your hair done by then too. 

Hopefully we can get some racing in July and a wee visit to the Amaretto beer garden afterwards. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Committee

Hi all, committee are reading latest guidance and will post our views in next couple of days. It's important for public safety,  our insurance and our club image and local standing that any official club activities, (especially those performed in club kit) comply with guidance. Thanks for your patience, could be a good end to summer!

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

SC issued new guidance on 19th August to the effect that club confined events can take place again from 5th September. Gee, ta.

Realistically, that gives us 3 weeks to run events midweek before light stops play. Even using Saturdays leaves us extremely limited, so I propose to the membership that we run no confined events this year.

At this stage, the whole club run on Boxing Day is doubtful, but who knows?