Wednesday 19 th Feb depart 9.30 am

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Charlie

Weather forecasts not great after 1300 do you not fancy something more local, eg loops so that you can get home easily if it gets too bad, as I am planning to meet Mr Coutie on the track at 0930 for lumpy loops 

• 2023 Subscriptions

This was a terrible ride today and I feel I owe it to you all to share my view:

1.  No focus. Not neuro muscular, not VO2 max, not threshold, not sweet spot, not zone 2. Just maximum rubbish with minimum gain.

2. Riding in a slow cadence is almost universally accepted now as silly. You want to grow your quads - sprint flat out for 10s. Churning for 3 hours is like going to the gym and squatting the bar for 3 hours.  

3. This ride was not just time inefficient (we spent half our time free wheeling when we could have been on the sofa practising our duolingo Spanish) but more, now my legs are semi shredded for tomorrow.

4. Not even the social benefit of riding in a group. Either semi puffing or waiting for Billy in his big ring. 

We all have different goals I know. But this ride is ill conceived  I appreciate some guys like it. I wondered why Lynsey Curran refused to turn out - I’d told her we were touring round the lanes  - now I know. It was a testosterone fix.  C’mon guys. We can do better than this. 

My suggestion is to stick to a long zone 2 ride. Throw in a few 10s sprints and if you like, 30mins at sweet spot. 

I appreciate this will involve reprogramming our very own Duracell toy,  Charlie.

I guess the forum is not for this type of comment. Won’t take offence if the moderators take it down. Honest :)

And for those looking to hire a car from Alicante airport try Rentalcars.com

• 2024 Subscriptions

Guys, I quite enjoyed the ride today. 
Sorry you didn’t  Ian. I was just happy to get out and back before more of the awful weather, and this ride ticked that box.  A longer run would have been nice but the forecast was rubbish for the afternoon.

It might not have been the best training ride, but then we’re not all training.  A few hills never hurt anyone. 

Having said that I won’t be out next week.