Sunday 16th Reliability #3 Sinclair Street

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The third of the 2020 Reliability rides, to Sinclair Street (Helensburgh), 58 miles, is on Sunday 16th February, barring tsunamis, earthquakes, rains of blood and hail or other natural disasters.

All rides will leave from club rooms on Miller Street.

As previously, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the fastest bunch at 9:45.

The route can be found here http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/elderslie-sct/reliability-no-3-sinclair-street-route-1827559

Donations of tea, coffee, soup, rolls, cakes or traditional Polynesian luaus will be gratefully accepted and served in the club rooms at the end of the ride. Please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting. If you haven't brought any food to the reliabilities yet there is still time, thanks to those who have contributed previously..

A volunteer please to heat the soup and open up the club rooms post run.

Hopefully, we'll actually get one of these off the ground this week.

I can open the clubrooms pre-ride as I intend to join the 09:00 bunch due to my ongoing lack of fitness.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Strong winds in the forecast for Sunday. Could be another turbo day.

What about a group turbo in the clubhouse? We could put some sufferfest on, and get some soup afterwards?

Thoughts?

• 2023 Subscriptions

With a south westerly at 25mph and gusting to over 40 this route manages to maximise the potential for getting most of that as headwinds and side headwinds. Practically the only bits with a tail will be the Georgetown and Sinclair Street.

Can we not just get the train down the coast and then a tailwind all the way home? :D

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm looking at a forecast with high winds all day tomorrow. I'll turbo at home. Enjoy your run.

Of course, if the weather is fine and the forecast is a lie, I'll be out.

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 hours ago, P McDonald said:

I know I ridiculed Andy's WhatsApp that the weather was looking ok...…..however I'll be at clubrooms 0930 if wind not of near death proportions

I know I ridiculed Paul’s ridicule .... however seagulls are flying side ways down here which I’m taking as a bad sign for me