Ian Winton Snr

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Ian Winton a club legend  who held place to place records to Girvan and back amongst others  has sadly passed away . Ian was a tough rider who excelled in time trials and was a legendary figure in the Paisley area , He was also an accomplished golfer playing off scratch . Ian was one of life's characters and once turned up for a Sunday run in winter wearing wellies . A few guys who had never met him thought he was a gringo on his dated bike with  strange footwear and  laughed at him before they left the clubrooms . Ian proceeded to ride every one of them off his wheel during the ride proving that he may have been in his sixties but had not lost any of the power he possessed when younger . Many others will remember him from the back shop at Dooley's where he was a regular visitor  . His funeral will take place at Woodside Crematorium in Paisley at 1:00pm on Monday 23rd of December 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry to hear this. I knew Ian from when I first joined the club circa 1985. A really nice guy and a very good rider who was always generous with advice.

I was very good friends with his son, Ian jnr,  for many years, like his dad, a very talented cyclist.