Flanders 2020

• 2023 Subscriptions
21 hours ago, martin said:

Just the usual suspects ;-)

Assembling a squad of Jets and parents under a group entry. How far are you going? Where are you planning on staying?

PS 5 months today 🙂

I was busy doing things, so have been entered for the full distance by Mrs M....although may see if I can amend, as I'm not sure that I can do that much without my knees falling off!  Hopefully have a campervan by then, so will be staying in that....somewhere!

Where are you guys staying and what distance are you doing?

• Members

sadly not next year Martin, i fly back from holiday same day. Ramsey i have done both routes and the middle route 174kms is my preference. 04:00 start long route versus 08:00 start for the middle route makes a big difference. Sure you and Elaine will have a ball,. One of my favourites days on a bike and the beer at the end also plays a big part

whats getting added to the collection this year Mull, full beer pump?😀

• Administrators
On 11/7/2019 at 10:05 PM, martin said:

Any wheelers fancy joining us? 

We had the best digs last year, all mod cons, cheap and good location. Planning to stay an extra night this time so we can enjoy the apres-race experience. 

Would love to go back to Flanders but I've entered Etape Loch Ness again for April 2020.

Don't think I have the legs or budget for both in the same month.

• 2023 Subscriptions

We had the best digs last year, all mod cons, cheap and good location. Planning to stay an extra night this time so we can enjoy the apres-race experience. 

I’d like to go after my aborted bid last year. Could I get a lift this time?

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 11/8/2019 at 7:43 AM, Iain67 said:

sadly not next year Martin, i fly back from holiday same day. Ramsey i have done both routes and the middle route 174kms is my preference. 04:00 start long route versus 08:00 start for the middle route makes a big difference. Sure you and Elaine will have a ball,. One of my favourites days on a bike and the beer at the end also plays a big part

whats getting added to the collection this year Mull, full beer pump?😀

Thanks Iain.

We’re going to look into sapping our entry to the 174km.  I know the curse has changed, but when I did it back in 2011 the first 50miles were dull and flat!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Martin, we will probably stay the Sunday night as well....so we can have a beer or two!  🍻

Yes I  want to go I cannot miss this one.   Chung  has advised me to learn to swear in Flemish:shock:.   Also advice on the Koppenberg??? I thought that was a cider.

Although I  will most definately be singingSeeme?Seehappy? happy to hire or car share.

Also can someone tell me how I book accomodation?

All help much appreciated and Thank You Chung for the words of wisdom.

L

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is that three wheelers then? Lc, George and Tommy? Plus the happy campers Ramsay and Elaine.

We currently have a confirmed 13 Jets and parents with three more who I hope will confirm just shortly. We have an eye on the same accomodation as last year, about 10km out of oudenaarde. Wheelers welcome to join us. It's for rental as a single unit, and with about 20 people it is a good deal. Multiple en suite rooms, self catering. Last year we sent a shopping party out on the Friday afternoon for the essentials: beer, pasta, bread, part fermented milk (thanks Alex ;-) )

Planning to travel out thursday evening ferry, short ride friday, sportif saturday, watch race sunday, ferry back monday evening. You would need to take Thurs/Fri/Mon as leave.

For transport our plan is to share vehicles - four bodies per car works well (cabins on ferry are either 2 or 4 berth) - so once we have final numbers confirmed we can work out the logistics of the weekend.

More than happy to blether about this for ages at the agm and presentation night if you are coming along to one of those.

cheers

m