Drum Up 20th October

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

I found this on the CTT Georgetown league fb page. I'm up for it this year, anyone else?

This years annual Loch Eck drum up will take place on Sunday ( 20th Oct) and you are all cordially invited. Same format as previous years- meet at MacInroy's Point Ferry terminal Gourock in time for the 10 am ferry. Choice of runs - either do the Ardentinny loop (good practice for the GTR CTT Scotland Super Series event being held here in June 2020!) or if you are feeling like an easy day then just head straight up the Lochside to the drum up where Ian will have a roaring fire waiting for you. You can then either stick to traditional drum up fare of burnt toasted cheese washed down with tea drunk from a questionable billy can - or follow Gerard Deeley's example and really get creative with your outdoors cooking - I think last year it was something involving Venison and truffles. The choice is yours! Regardless of the weather there in no better sight than Argyll in its Autumnal splendour and no better way to spend the day than setting the world to rights round the fire in good company. Drumming up is a cycling tradition in danger of being lost in the mists of time so lets keep it going - even if its only once a year!

• AlanT changed the title to Drum Up 20th October
7 hours ago, GrahamF said:

I've just been out to get a few supplies to cook on the fire.

I will be setting off from Kilmacolm at 09:00 for a gentle ride to the ferry, happy to meet anyone who wants to at the Pullman (now renamed 'Carriages').

Just seen this about tomorrow, not organised at all! Graham, I’ll meet you at 9.  I’ll pop to the co op in Kilmacolm first. I’m sure I’ll get something in there that I can burn. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Really was a spectacular day... the weather and scenery were incredible, the food, ooft… Fillet steak wraps from Gerrard, Cullen Skink soup from Graham, Haggis n Scallops from Kenny Christie washed down with a lovely Merlot by AlanT and completed by a few pints in the Bishy Inn… 4 months of roon the coast to look forward to now, happy days Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions
5 hours ago, ginty001 said:

Really was a spectacular day... the weather and scenery were incredible, the food, ooft… Fillet steak wraps from Gerrard, Cullen Skink soup from Graham, Haggis n Scallops from Kenny Christie washed down with a lovely Merlot by AlanT and completed by a few pints in the Bishy Inn… 4 months of roon the coast to look forward to now, happy days Ohyadancer!

Yes but can go both clockwise and counter clockwise to break the monotony.