Hill Climb #2, 10th September

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Number 2 in the practice series, 6:30 for 6:45 off, two timekeepers and a holder  required please.

Post up if you're coming.

I will not be able to ride again this week.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A narrow lane with a blind bend:JWCC hill climb route isn’t attractive / safe. Scottish hill race calendar is good this year too. Dukes Pass, Stow, Lyall, Gleniffer, Lomonds of Fife... I’ve entered them all!

These hills take 5 to 10 minutes to climb. Be good to have a practice on the Gleniffer Braes or a hill of that nature. Or how about a Bunch ride and race up 2 or 3 hills and let Strava assign the times. The weight weenies could give the sturdier types a start :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

The hill climbs are clearly not attractive to many.  We should carefully consider any alternative arrangements that would encourage wider participation.  I do like the confined events and I try to get to as many as I can.  We could make changes to try out different options and see what works.

Meanwhile Robbie will be living on a diet of air and nothingness to be ready to take the title agin this year.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The 2019 club hill climb championship will take place on the Elliston Castle climb, which will be closed for the event. If there's a desire in the club to change that route for the future, raise the suggestion at the AGM. I will look at the suggested routes, as well as the likelihood  of actually getting a road closure.

Obviously, we can't ask for a road closure for the Tuesday night events, as that would really inconvenience the local residents.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'd keep the hill climb champs on the Elliston as the closure makes all the difference -  the narrow road and blind bend are only issues during the confined events because of the potential for traffic.

Maybe use some other hills for the Tuesday nights but i suspect at this time of year the turnout is going to be less anyway due to the weather and reduced daylight hours.