Saturday 24th August - morning ride.

Codg1e

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi, I have a free pass for Saturday  (for a change!).  Was thinking of doing Kilcreggan and getting ferry over Gourock, then up Clune and home from there.  Looking at 8/8:30 from Clubrooms.  Moderate - fast pace.  Anyone wish to join me?

• Members

Beat me to it Colin. I was planning doing longer run to Dunoon. Thinking bridge 08:30 and you could join us to the Green Kettle if you need to be home earlier. Let me know if you want to meet up at bridge and we'll see who else is up for it. Doubtful there will be a club run on Sunday due to Sam Dooley TT. Weather looking good for Saturday as well

• Life Members

Chaps, I might tag along to boost the Bunch’s enthusiasm but lower the average speed 🙂 ...... been off the bike since the Duke’s a couple of weeks ago 😕

If I’m out, I’ll get youse at the Bridge but don’t wait if I’m not present!

Hopefully see youse tomorrow then!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great ride!  Met chung en route to the bridge, met John and Iain there.  We cycled to Garelochead where we split.  Chung went up Glen Fruin to Balloch and home from there, and John went to Kilcreggan in the hope that the ferry was running... it was!  Iain and myself carried on to Arrochar where it started raining literally as we started to climb the Rest (we had a very small tailwind up - every little helps!).  However nothing really came of it and we had a wee coffee and some food at the top before heading down the main road towards Strachur.  We stopped for a bite to eat at the old wee pub/hotel on Loch Eck (nr the caravan park) which was really nice.  By this time the wind had died down and it was a straighforward run into Dunoon for the ferry back.  Sore legs kicked in for me going along the A8 but we persevered and got home at the back of 3.  Decent day out, cheers guys!! :)