Arran Challenge

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Next Saturday 17th August I was planning to do an SA and wondered if anyone else who is either already in the Hall of Fame or would like to get into the Hall of Fame might be up for it. 

I have a special reason in that my daughter is visiting for the weekend and is keen to be the first Female into the Hall (unless other females join next week!), she is similar or stronger than me for up to one hour but not really trained for 2h 40 min type efforts, also there is a descending challenge due to inexperience on bike so it will be a challenge to make up the time but that is what it is all about.

I reckon I am borderline fitness for a solo single so could probably get her round but any other riders would be very welcome ! 

Paul I am a female :icon_yeshowever what is an SA?

I may be able to do this if I can get the time off work.  However looking at the forecast Thursday is a much better day.

I will be going into this blind no clue I am willing to give it a bash....if you will tolerate me haha.

What is that saying?

You only live once ComewithmetotheCasbah.

• 2023 Subscriptions

YOLO :)

Yes indeed what is an SA ! It is a Single Arran, what it means is doing the 56 mile loop between the 0700 ferry and the 1105 return, which means an average of 20mph after the ferry arrives for 2h45m on the rolling roads and taking into account the embarking time for the ferry.

hope that helps  

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Ian Archibald said:

If anyone is running a book I'm good for a tenner Paul won't make it. He's going to need Galeb and Richie at least. 

I agree. Some of his previous Arran excursions have been mired in controversy. Allegations (made by me) of illegal pacing, taxis, e-bikes and bribing cal-mac employees have left him with little credibility (in my eyes) he’s pure shady.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

I know I don't mention Arran often enough so I thought I should,

Yesterday I reckon I had a missed life opportunity, I was on Millport and frankly the weather was near perfect for an SA or DA. Anyways can't look back so I thought I'd post right here right now to see who is up for an SA next Saturday if weather not pi****g down. There are a few guys in the club that I reckon could achieve immortality with a DA and I would be more than happy to be a 1 or 1.5 lap domestique if they felt the pull of eternal glory.

Arran forever

:banana