David Raymond Trophy Tuesday 13th August

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to John for timekeeping and the holders for pushing off. 

Tough night for me, went off way too hard and blew up going up to the roundabout getting dropped in the process. Recovered a bit but having to wait would have cost Ian a sub 16

Shame about Marcs puncture, will need to have a rematch next year! 

• 2023 Subscriptions
54 minutes ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Thanks to John for timekeeping and the holders for pushing off. 

Tough night for me, went off way too hard and blew up going up to the roundabout getting dropped in the process. Recovered a bit but having to wait would have cost Ian a sub 16

Shame about Marcs puncture, will need to have a rematch next year! 

I fancy a 2up to Largs on our winter bikes. First really rainy Saturday of the winter when going hard is the only option. Last to Largs buys the coffees. These guys can’t do aero. Can they do mindless grunt? I’m fancying we can beat em. Just leave the pink shoes at home Iain. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Scott and John for timing on the night, and to all involved in holding. As already  mentioned, tough on the way out, and just hard on the way back. Great to see so many people involved,. 

Unlucky on the puncture Marc, there's always next year. I'll work out the handicaps for the Trophy, if people can send me their best 10 time coming into the season. If you don't have a 10 time, tell me that too, and I'll apply a 26 minute standard.

Winners on the night were Team Ian. Well done guys.

£36 transferred to the club account.

image.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gifimage.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gifimage.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gif

11 hours ago, Ian Archibald said:

I fancy a 2up to Largs on our winter bikes. First really rainy Saturday of the winter when going hard is the only option. Last to Largs buys the coffees. These guys can’t do aero. Can they do mindless grunt? I’m fancying we can beat em. Just leave the pink shoes at home Iain. 

Unlucky puncture just before we got to the roundabout or could be one of those Ian tactics...I didnt check the road 😜

Based on our time last year of 16.06 it would have been close! You managed to get away with it this time using aero helmet, aero socks, aero shoe covers and skin suit! 

Look forward to the 2up Largs challenge 😀

image.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gif

• 2023 Subscriptions
9 hours ago, Galeb said:

image.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gifimage.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gifimage.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gif

Unlucky puncture just before we got to the roundabout or could be one of those Ian tactics...I didnt check the road 😜

Based on our time last year of 16.06 it would have been close! You managed to get away with it this time using aero helmet, aero socks, aero shoe covers and skin suit! 

Look forward to the 2up Largs challenge 😀

image.gif.07a3e709a478168cba1bf9dc185c3456.gif

Air density of 2.07kg:m3 is highest I’ve seen this year. Probably  30s slower than last years perfect conditions :)

PS I’ll check the Strava flybys. Were you up on us at half way?