Chaingang 25 July 630pm

• 2023 Subscriptions

Seems we have gone back to a bunch ride for the first part. I preferred a chain gang from the start that gradually winds up. Saves having to free-wheel / brake and worry about the swarm around you.

My suggestion is the folks that are wanting a social ride stick to the back and chat. The whole ride only takes an hour.

• Committee

Yes it is a problem.  The wee rises in Erskine in the new route are hard for some and split the bunch very early. Thanks to the faster guys for easing up for five minutes going into bishy to allow stragglers to regroup.  I'll take the blame for asking for a slight slackening in pace. After that it was pretty much business as usual.

Still quite a hard run. Could we neutralise say going under the motorway at   Erskine to give the riders a minute or two to regroup? After that it's the full Alaphilippe!

You'll only lose two minutes and it would be good to keep bunch together for a bit longer.

(Or we could just smash it.)

32 minutes ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Hottest night of the year so far and a big bunch.

KOM (going off strava times)

Sam

Cedric

Ian

Marc

James

----

Finish

Cedric

Marc

Sam

Me

Ian

Ffs one of the points at the finish again, my time will come - fantastic run almost felt like Spain 🇪🇸