Sewing bee Saturday depart Morrison’s 9.15 am

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Now now Linda men also sew. A few years ago a few of us started a midweek bunch via Stewarton. It involved hills so gave the lighter riders the chance to show off their cycling prowess. As for the rest of us it was and is a lung buster. Mark Oneill christened the route “The Sewing bee “ so I will let him tell us why but I think it was an antidote to my suggestions for naming the route which were not so sedate

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 7/19/2019 at 8:39 PM, charlie p said:

Doing sewing bee tomorrow. Non bunch run but all welcome

Charlie, I’ve closed the Facebook messenger group for this now. Now that our secret is out you can post up on here.  Good while it lasted.

Linda,

The Sewing Bee was the under the radar name given to a Tuesday evening ride for non TTers. It was generally considered bad form to post up a ride which clashed with a club confined event, so the ride was publicised as a sewing bee. Very underhand and sneaky, but a lawyer was involved - ‘nuff  said! The name kind of stuck, with the route used now going by the same name. 

Charlie’s suggestion was along the lines of “More ........ hills” but included bad words that I’d never heard before and caused me to blush.  In those days I was a good bit fitter on a bike and a smidge lighter than I am currently. Perhaps one evening I’ll get to give M’Lud a doing again. Won’t be this year however.