Not Guilty

simon simpson

For those of you aware, and also for those unaware, I was found Not Guilty of assault at Glasgow Sheriff Court this morning.

It may be on Reporting Scotland at lunchtime and 6pm.

Thanks to all those club members who offered support during the difficult months since my being charged in January.

There may still exist some continued action, this time concerning the reporting police constable who failed to interview two witnesses named by the complainant (and favourable to me) and failed to forward to the Procurator Fiscal another statement which supported my position as he regarded it as "more of a defence statement" The world 'full' and 'disclosure' come to mind.

Thanks to all

ss

ps Edinburgh Bike has a sale on starting saturday

• 2024 Subscriptions

Justice is served for the Scotstown One

Surely some celebrating Hello, beer !! is in order- anyone for a curry? I think we absolutely have to go out now!

Marco van W ( who is sat beside me now, as I type says: "how aboot this Friday?)

Who's the social convenor anyhow? (Kenny Steele? Martin? Dougie?)

All the usual suspects please post to get this arranged.

ttfn

DG

Nae luck - you'll have to do some real work now :grin:

Seriously brilliant news, as an ex teacher I realise just how open we are to these false allegations so I'm really glad to hear that the truth came out and justise served.

All thats left is to celebrate..

before any one else says it I'm an ex teacher and an ex cyclist :grin:

Simon,

A welcome relief for yourself and your family after what must have been a nightmare period of uncertainty and frustration over the last year.

With regards to Convener for the Curry Night I think I must defer to Martin and Dougie on the grounds of me being much better looking 8-) plus I'm away with work over the next few days and won't get back until 10pm Friday night

Might be able to join you for a late beer with suitcase in tow ;-)

Cheers, Kenny

Excellent stuff and not before time. Oh ya dancer ! Pity about the other two pending court cases you are still involved in :-o !! The one where you stand accused of murdering some Johnny Cash songs :smash and the one where he is accused of impersonating Simon Simpson :-P !! Im sure your very worried if word of these get out to the public?. Curry I hear you say Kenny boy?. Can we have a show of hands for this Friday?,I can manage,will give ma a good meal in me before Cumberland Challenge on Sunday. :oops:

After some deliberations with chief curry muncher De Rosa this Friday night 1st September is curry night the venue is Shimla Pinks in Johnstone meet up at 7.30 for 8.00pm

Can we have a response please from all wishing to come along.

Scott if you have a problem with "The ring of fire" icon_blue_laughA wee bit of help. I find putting the toilet roll in the fridge helps. Nothing's THAT funny !

• 2024 Subscriptions
After some deliberations with chief curry muncher De Rosa this Friday night 1st September is curry night the venue is Shimla Pinks in Johnstone meet up at 7.30 for 8.00pm

Can we have a response please from all wishing to come along.

Scott if you have a problem with "The ring of fire" icon_blue_laughA wee bit of help. I find putting the toilet roll in the fridge helps. Nothing's THAT funny ![/quote

Note, venue will be Paisley at the Ashoka.

cheers

DG

• Life Members

Sorry David, I've got rock climbing this Friday night. You guys have a good one!

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been for an Indian meal since I was 9 years old. All the more reason to try it, I suppose!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Nice one Kenny,

Not only have I not had a proper Indian for 28 years, but I haven't had a pint for about 37 years cause I, believe it or not, am allergic to alcohol (before anyone makes any smart remarks it's more than getting drunk) it gives me a rash all over..........so coke only for me I'm afraid!

Chung