Sunday 14th July - Katrine calling :-)

• Life Members

Hi All,

Looking really good for this Sundays weather forecast, so thinking to do a lap round Loch Katrine via Aberfoyle & up the Duke's counter clockwise.

Plenty of options to shorten the route if need be, but a fairly long route. So, I'm thinking earlier start - 9am at the Bridge & 8.30am at the Clubroom!

Any one fancy it?

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members
39 minutes ago, John C said:

What are you thinking return route Chung;

Straight back via pipe track and Drymen?

Hi John, not sure yet, there's always the Crow which you "enjoyed" so much on your first ascent last year :-) ........ seriously though, we can decide on the day!

We'll be heading up the Pipe Track on the way out via Cycle Route 7 to Croftamie, so will see if we return the same way!

Looking forward to it, chaps!

Cheers

• Life Members

Hi All,

Is anyone going to meet at clubroom for 8.30am?

Please post up if you are so I can be there & so would Alex if that’s the case!

But If not, then I’ll get everyone at the Bridge around 9am!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Codg1e said:

Yeah Chung 8:30 clubrooms see you there.  Possibly 8:32 going by my recent timekeeping lol

Change of plan.  Got a tubeless mechanical, won't be out unless I can fix it this afternoon.  Tyre not inflating at all and sealant comes out.  Might not be seated quite right but thought it looked ok to me tbh 

• Life Members
30 minutes ago, Iain67 said:

see you at bridge 09:00, what time do yu recon we'll be back?

Iain, I reckon if we do the full route round Katrine, then I imagine will be at least 4-ish back to Bridge with a cafe stop ..... or two?

Then again, I could be completely wrong in my estimation :-0

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good run out today.

The bunch got a bit fractured after Aberfoyle, with Chung and Alex carrying on round Loch Katrine, while the rest of us wimped out after climbing Dukes Pass, then re-traced our route back home. The road back to Alexandria from Croftamie was a bit busy with cars, so we hit the cycle track back to the bridge, as we reckoned  - rightly so, as it turned out - that the A82 would be very busy. We met up with Tommy (who had been at the Helensburgh sportive) at Bowling, and had a good run back to Bishopton.

• Life Members

Lovely run into Aberfoyle with a Bunch of 7, then Alex & I headed round Katrine as it was rude not to, given the scorching weather 🙂

Managed to visit 2 cafes that I've never been in before, the first being the "Go Ape" Adventure centre half way up the Duke's & the Wee Blether next to Loch Ard just before Aberfolye, both top recommendation from Alex ........ unfortunately for him though, not a Samsung mobile phone charger was to be found in each of these cafes (all i-Phone users) since Alex had forgotten to charge his phone for Strava before he came out 🙂 ......... he was convinced that everyone was out to piss him off  :grin:🙂

Anyway, it was a very long enjoyable day on the saddle & thanks to the Bunch earlier on & Alex for great company all day .......thankfully, I think his phone survived to record all his ride on Strava ........ otherwise it did not happen!

196km for me in the end, not quite the 200 I was hoping for, but I just ran out of road  :shock:

P.S - Alan, lovely retro restoration & build on your Gazelle .......... especially the SWITCH to Campagnolo! Hello,beer!!

You seem to be a changed man since your retirement, one is never too late to walk down the righteous path of Cycling Component Enlightenment 🙂 ......... keep walking my brother!

Cheers

Chung

D84568A4-4D96-46BF-B03C-85169B9F03F0.jpeg