chaingang route

• 2023 Subscriptions

Greenock road is due to be shut for the next month with the motorway exit / entry works so we will need to alter the chaingang route.

Couple of options

1st - go along Georgetown as normal but at the Red Smiddy roundabout take Southbar road and head through Erskine. Downside of this is the road is likely to be busy with diverted traffic (i think there is often a queue to the Southbar roundabout at that time anyway) so may be difficult to avoid traffic related splits in the bunch.

2nd - Go through Houston and head along Barochan Road and go up the Monkey House climb.  This should be a quieter route than the 1st but the downside is that it is harder with an added hill involved. There can be a brief rolling regroup at the top where the bunch will ease slightly.

Renfrew bunch will probably take option 1 due to starting in Renfrew, so i suggest for next week (assuming the road is closed) we take option 2 and the guys that do both bunches can give their opinion on what will be the best for the following weeks.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Option 2 is a good shout. May need to change start point to Houston Main Street. Once road closed and traffic calmer would vote for option 1as I would miss being towed up bishie hill by my club mates and others. We all have our own Everest to conquer  mine just happens to be a little hill.