Solo Single Arran 22/06

Galeb

Obviously I have been talking to the master of Arran...Paul.

Planning on solo single Arran this Saterday. Catching 7.00 ferry and returning 11.05. Will also cycle to Ardrossan and back. So probably will end up being 100 mile ride...Its going to be a tough weekend with another big ride on Sunday as well!

So clockwise or anticlockwise if the wind is coming from south east?

Solo single Arran Done!

Ended up with approx 2hrs 43mins (based on flyby). Shame garmin was glitching - could have made it in the top ten of the Arran segment. Talking about glitching - there are some nice new tarmac in sections but there are a whole other with rough surface. Bouncing everywhere didn't help with garmin GPS - lost signals a few times and had to restart it (I also lost it's memory card cover!). That kind of messed up my pace monitoring (that I based from previous runs) as I had time against every 10miles along the way so I know how I'm doing with pace. So my cumulative miles are probably 3 or so miles less. But luckily I had plan B - I looked up visual markers on google street view at every 10miles in case that happened, so I knew roughly where I was with pace.

Anyway apart from that all went to plan and I was ahead of schedule by a few mins arriving back at Brodick at around 10:45am!