Sun 23rd June - Dunooooooon

• Members

Following the tumble in Calpe, 12 days on my side wasn’t getting any better so a visit to A&E on Friday just to be safe.  As I’d guessed they suspect fractured ribs; so happy no more serious than than that.  

Nothing I can do about it but another week of painkillers and R&R, fingers crossed will be able to join you next week.  Enjoy the great ride.

• Committee

excellent ride in warm sun. Ten of the Joansin finest in glorious Argyll scenery. Helensburgh/Rest/Hell's Glen/Sandbank.

Alex enjoyed himself so much he turned right after disembarking to head for Largs. The normals turned left and as I peeled off for home there were rumours of beers later in Amaretto in afternoon sunshine.

I suspect some are still there on their third by now.

• 2023 Subscriptions

There were indeed beers at amaretto's, where we met messrs. Leavy and Lymburn, and Pammie and Rochelle turned up too.

Superb run out today, great weather, glorious vistas, and some epic descents. There were some climbs too, but the less said about them, the better.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was running a bit late this morning (surprise surprise) due to a dodgy stomach, but I got to the clubrooms at 8.02 to find Charlie & Galeb and no one else so was a but unsure how the day would go (expected a smashfest lol!!) but was pleased to see the number of bodies waiting at the bridge which means a good shared workload and a well disciplined bunch.  We scooped up/met Michael at Arrochar so had ten riders out on this run.  What a throroughly enjoyable ride through the military road to the Rest, with a short cafe stop at the van at the top.  We headed through Hells Glen (my first time doing that section - was awesome with amazing views over Loch Fyne to Inverary.)  A brief stop in Strachur to refuel and then it was the long stretch to the ferry.  Not much waiting around for it thankfully we timed it quite well!  Headwind home but still great weather and a great day on the bike.  Cheers guys!! :)

Some cracking photos taken, I really like this one (taken by Charlie)...

IMG_2089.thumb.jpg.7a4099c201647074ff7d1ca26a7a444f.jpg

• 2023 Subscriptions
12 hours ago, John C said:

Following the tumble in Calpe, 12 days on my side wasn’t getting any better so a visit to A&E on Friday just to be safe.  As I’d guessed they suspect fractured ribs; so happy no more serious than than that.  

Nothing I can do about it but another week of painkillers and R&R, fingers crossed will be able to join you next week.  Enjoy the great ride.

Ooft John, is that from the evening tumble or the morning tumble ?