Sun 23rd June - Dunooooooon

• 2023 Subscriptions

Update:  Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/19738575 with wheels rolling from 8am from Clubrooms

Hi,

I'm thinking as it's the longest day this week, we'd be better taking advantage of the long days and go for a long ride!  So I propose heading across the bridge, Helensburgh, Garelochhead, Arrochar & The Rest, Strachur, and choice of two options:  home via Loch Eck with cafe at Sheila's Diner, ferry to Gourock and back via West Ferry or Clune, or keep going south from Strachur to Otter Ferry, (cafe at the wee hotel there) then home via C11, Loch Tarsan, Dunoon, and then ferry to Gourock and home via West Ferry/Clune.  Going via Otter Ferry adds on extra miles, elevation and time (circa 100 miles via Loch Eck and 120 miles via Otter Ferry).  Happy to go with the majority...

As it's a long run, are we good for wheels rolling from clubrooms at 8am?

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is turning into a two-bidon ride for me... temp forecast to be 20C on Sunday, so will be warm so will probably take some extra food too just to keep energy levels up.in the 'heat'.  Worth considering so you don't dehydrate or hit the wall :icon_redbounce