Wednesday 19th june

charlie p

If I am not "kneading the dough" or "putting the cream in a filo pastry" ...,I may pop along for the fun of it.  No idea what c11 means secret cycling code haha... thinking I should maybe bring a banana this time..Ohyadancer! do you know any ? Haha

ComewithmetotheCasbah.

• 2023 Subscriptions
17 minutes ago, Lc1 said:

No idea what c11 means

It means low gears for a good while. 

Plenty gravel on the descent to Otter Ferry when young Mul and I did it last month. Worth keeping canny (and avoid blowing your nose). 

• 2023 Subscriptions
5 hours ago, charlie p said:

Linda proper name for c11 is Bealach an drain. It just happens to be the eleventh c road. I attach a profile as you may need 2 bananas. See u at Ferry

36D42D36-4A04-42BA-B98F-F157634F84D0.png

Great info Charlie!  Never knew what the c11 was. But the 11th c road? Now I want to know the top 10.

14 hours ago, martin said:

It means low gears for a good while. 

Plenty gravel on the descent to Otter Ferry when young Mul and I did it last month. Worth keeping canny (and avoid blowing your nose). 

Good Morniing

I got it no Chris Frome  on descending and 2 bananas.  I may live life on the edge  and put full fat irn bru in my bottle.

Thank you Ian a great question yes I do wonder too?? ...

Ps when is Katie coming out haha..I read her last column about sitting in her pants it was funny ..... ..who does she take that after ? Seeme?Seehappy?

Thanks again for the information I am most grateful and its much appreciated.  I should be able to do it.  As I said leave me if too slow.

See you wedComewithmetotheCasbah.

• 2023 Subscriptions
9 hours ago, Ian Archibald said:

Great info Charlie!  Never knew what the c11 was. But the 11th c road? Now I want to know the top 10.

Unfortunately I think the C classification of roads may be regional as there is a C11 in Angus 

• 2023 Subscriptions

There are a number of c class roads around the country, but I couldn't find a c1-10 on a quick search. 

I think the current classification method dates back to the 1930's, which is even before Charlie's and my time.

https://www.roads.org.uk/articles/road-numbers/how-it-happened

• 2023 Subscriptions
23 minutes ago, charlie p said:

There is a cracking c road on way to carton bridge. You can see all of central Scotland from top. Mcginty and Montague were with me last time I went up

That is a great road with a westerly wind. 

• Members
4 hours ago, charlie p said:

There is a cracking c road on way to carton bridge. You can see all of central Scotland from top. Mcginty and Montague were with me last time I went up

Ah, the day I tried to give us all a trip in an ambulance... :-/ No wonder you haven't been back!

It's still a good road. Best climbed from the west side, which is the poorer surface, then you can descend on better tarmac to North Third. There's so little traffic up there, the sheep run away from the roadside as soon as they see you!