Sam Dooley 25m TT 25 August 2019

Gerard Deeley

• 2023 Subscriptions

A big call out to everyone within the Johnstone Wheelers family.  

This year I am organising the Sam Dooley TT and in order to make it a massive success for our club we need lots of volunteers.  Required for the day will be a signing on crew, timekeepers, marshals placed at important points on the course and general helpers at Bishopton Community Centre.  If anyone has previous experience of any of these roles then let me know.  Also on the day we will need a generous donation of the usual foodstuffs for all of the riders, helpers and any other cycling groupies. 

Post up below if you can help out, or PM me if you prefer.

• Life Members
30 minutes ago, Gerard Deeley said:

We still need a lot more volunteers to join the magnificent ones already in the mix.

Hi Gerard, how many helpers & marshals do you need in total?

The event is still 2 months away, so plenty of time to allow for late comers to help.

From my past experience, usually it'll all come good in the end & you'll get the numbers of helpers/marshals required near the date.

Also, ask Iain McTarvish to sound out the call on FB, Twitter etc ............ other Cycling Club's member (Couriers, Paisley Velo etc) have also helped out in the 2 events I organised.

It might be that if any Wheelers who want to ride will need to nominate a friend/family member to help out, should the worst come to it :-(

Good luck

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Next up I will need to locate the various bits and bobs needed for the day itself: race numbers, any signage we have, timekeeping stuff and anything else that is required or useful for a successful day.  Let me know what we have and when I can get it.  I would also appreciate any offers of food to offer on the day.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Gerard

Have you asked CTT for time keepers ? Your club should have numbers or be able to purchase numbers , you also have issues with putting signs on that road as it’s a major trunk road and you may require someone to do it for you , do you have enough Marshals? 

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 8/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, Gerard Deeley said:

Next up I will need to locate the various bits and bobs needed for the day itself: race numbers, any signage we have, timekeeping stuff and anything else that is required or useful for a successful day.  Let me know what we have and when I can get it.  I would also appreciate any offers of food to offer on the day.

Hi Gerard, what numbers do you need - how many riders?

We have a number of signs, will check how many. 

Also have hi-viz for marshals. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

CTT have allocated your timekeepers, and they should have all the kit you need. Failing that, Jann has a pair of stopwatches, which we should be able to get to you.

i looked into Traffic Management for signage earlier this year, and the requirements haven't changed from last year.

We will need hi vis vests or jackets for the marshalls. Again, there should be a stock of those at the clubhouse.

A human sacrifice is often necessary to ensure ideal conditions, but that's optional, and tends to get a poor response from the media.