Sunday 16th Aberfoyle and Crow road

• Members

After such an enjoyable run last weekend, thinking the following route for Sunday.

Bridge,  Alexandria, Croftamie, Drymen, Pipe track to Aberfoyle, Port Of Menteith, Kippen, Fintry, Lennoxtown, Milngavie, Bridge and back to Johnstone. Not sure of the mileage and sure Chung can recommend cafe stops. Club rooms 09:00, bridge 09:30. 

Cheers 

• Life Members

Iain,

Just wondering which direction you were thinking of once pass the Lake of Monteith, do you want to turn off the main road A81 on the first right heading towards Arnprior (this would not take us into Kippen, instead this would lead us straight up to the "Top of the World" junction) or do we stay on the main road, then turn onto the A873 till we get to Thornhill for that right turn towards Kippen, then to the TOTW? Either way, after that would take us down into Frintry & over the Crow.

My guess is that the second option would probably add an extra 10-15km ......... taking this "longer route" I reckon would be around 130-ish km (80-ish miles) clubroom to clubroom ......... but then again, I could be completely off :-0

I suppose we can fine tune that on the day ........ and plenty of options for cafe stops(s) ........ Drymen, Aberfoyle, Kippon, Fintry, Lennoxtown etc

As long as it's dry I'm no fuss where we go :-)

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Absent...  will be in Arran (sadly not doing the Single or Double... bike not with me!).

Back on it next week.  Would love a big long ride next weekend since it's so close to the longest day (such as The Rest, Otter Ferry, Dunoon) but yous can talk about that tomorrow :)

• Life Members

Six of us made it out today optimistic that the weather will hold ....... & luckily it did :-)

Not quite the intended route, so no Pipe track or Aberfoyle, we did go over the Crow though, 2nd Sunday in a roll, doesn’t make it easier unfortunately!

New member - Daniel from Erskine joined us today & his first ride up the Crow ....... hope he enjoyed that :-)

Cafe stop in Clachan of Campsie again, then a pub stop in Bishopton after the Bridge for the Southsiders ......... no doubt well deserved :-)

Thanks for the wheels & company today, gents!

Will be missing next Sunday as I’ll be heading up to Stirling way!

Cheers