chaingang 13 June 630

• 2023 Subscriptions

I’ve told u before no sprint points for u. I as usual was at back but trying to come thru for sprint point only for Galeb who by now had sat up to come in front of me to help me over the line. Only problem there was he got last point

• 2023 Subscriptions

We need to take a bit more care before the west ferry. Going through the roundabout and up the on ramp is not the final 300 metres in the Tour de France from Rivoli onto the Champs Elysees. If there is a car on the roundabout then the bunch should be stopping for it not riding through. However only 3 stopped tonight!

The speed is such that if guys at the front had slammed on their brakes then others may go into the back of them so I can understand why it was (arguably) the safe choice to make by then but that to me suggests that on the final part of the downhill we should be easing slightly instead of trying to keep as much speed and momentum as possible for going up the drag. Same thing applies on the downhill before the Crosslee roundabout. You cannot see what is coming until it is too late. I'm as guilty as anyone for going fast through that if im on the front but i'm going to try and be more safety conscious from now on.

Anyway what was the scores?

Kom - i think Sam, Marc, Galeb then who?

Sprint - Marc, Sam, Me, Billy, Galeb

• 2023 Subscriptions
17 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

We need to take a bit more care before the west ferry. Going through the roundabout and up the on ramp is not the final 300 metres in the Tour de France from Rivoli onto the Champs Elysees. If there is a car on the roundabout then the bunch should be stopping for it not riding through. However only 3 stopped tonight!

The speed is such that if guys at the front had slammed on their brakes then others may go into the back of them so I can understand why it was (arguably) the safe choice to make by then but that to me suggests that on the final part of the downhill we should be easing slightly instead of trying to keep as much speed and momentum as possible for going up the drag. Same thing applies on the downhill before the Crosslee roundabout. You cannot see what is coming until it is too late. I'm as guilty as anyone for going fast through that if im on the front but i'm going to try and be more safety conscious from now on.

Jan

I think your right , we are probably pushing our luck a bit going over bish hill then fairly rapid down and round onto A8 I think we should neutralise that part of the run and once on the A8 unleash hell or at least unleash something, I think a few don’t want to get dropped at the start of the West Ferry witch tends to push the speed and effort up before the roundabout.

Also to annoy Charlie short cut = no points 

• 2023 Subscriptions
19 minutes ago, charlie p said:

Billy

think either you or james due points for KOM. Hope to make Clune next week specially if we are neutralising till West Ferry as I spend a lot of matches going up that ramp

Not me was last up as usual 

• Committee

Good point re. the big roundabouts. The approach to both have terrified me for years. How would you do it Iain? I think club members would need to have a word with everyone on the Georgetown and through Bishy. 

I agree with Billy ?no overtaking rule on descent of bishy hill and descent through Houston?

But will take nerves of steel to hold back as the little voice inside whispers "don't get dropped, don't get dropped,don't get dropped."

I vote Jan/Iain as patron to spread the word. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
3 hours ago, Alan McLean said:

Good point re. the big roundabouts. The approach to both have terrified me for years. How would you do it Iain? I think club members would need to have a word with everyone on the Georgetown and through Bishy. 

I agree with Billy ?no overtaking rule on descent of bishy hill and descent through Houston?

But will take nerves of steel to hold back as the little voice inside whispers "don't get dropped, don't get dropped,don't get dropped."

I vote Jan/Iain as patron to spread the word. 

Yip, it's all about communication on the ride.  I think its up to each rider to make sure the riders in front & behind them are aware of any changes and pass it on.  I missed one of the changes a couple of weeks ago in Kilmacolm when the chain started going clockwise rather than anti clockwise until Iain A. told me.

• 2024 Subscriptions

It’s not hard to be safe, even on a training ride. Those at the front need to be mindful of the effects of their actions on those behind. So, for example, when approaching  roundabouts or junctions the object should not be to sneak through, but to ensure that the bunch can get through. This may mean stopping. The whole point of this bunch was that it was to be a bit more controlled and accessible than the Renfrew Bunch. Even though there are now points to be won, it is not a race and should not be ridden as though it is. 

Cheers  

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 6/13/2019 at 9:08 PM, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Hill climb James then me