Chocolate Series #5, 4th June

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

A welcome break from all those nasty 10 mile TTs, and back to the Georgetown Road for some chocolatey fun. 7:15 meet for 7:30 off. I intend to ride this week.

This is an ideal introduction to Time Trialing for those new to the sport who want to test themselves against the clock over 7.2 miles. Everyone welcome.

Meeting point is at the military camp at the end of the Georgetown Road. Jets are reminded that they must have a completed parental consent form.

And finally, can I have a couple of volunteers to hold and timekeep please.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Forecast is for wet and cool, with a stiff easterly. Confirmation of who's in by 5pm on Tuesday please. If I don't have at least three riders and 2 fir timekeeping/holding, I'll call it off.

I'm in.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Six souls faced tonight's biblical conditions to fight for that much desired end of season chocolate bar.

It was hard fought:

Gerard 17 19 (pd)

Lorne 17 21 (guest)

Alan T 18 18(pd x2)

Sam Edgar (age 13) 19 08

Hannah T 23 46 (guest)

Stuart DNF (puncture) (pd x2)

Temp 12 degrees, 1004mb, 85% humidity, 7mph NE wind. It should have been a fast night. Alan got a season's best. He is in full training post retirement but doesn't plan a taper until his return from Calpe. Hardcore.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Major thanks to Colin, Ian and James tonight for officiating, and then hanging about in the rain waiting for us coming back in. Apart from the rain, conditions were pretty good tonight.

I have £15 to transfer to the club account.