Arran trip - Saturday 8th June

Apologies to road captain Elaine but I think intermediates is the right place to put this.

Ages since I took a bike round Arran and the last time was part of a beat the ferries challenge. It's very weather dependant i.e. it can be cancelled if weather forecast is bad and an alternate run arranged but is anybody interested in a sociable run round the island (or figure of 8)?

As far as I'm concerned if we miss a ferry it is only a good thing because I would intend to retire to the nearest pub to wait for the next one. Obviously have nominated Saturday as there is more frequent ferries but if it suits the majority or the weather forecast is more favourable I would be able to do Sunday also.

Post up if interested. 

• Life Members

Davie, I'm keen ....... but can only confirm near the time though!

Believe it or not, despite my years in the Wheelers, I've NEVER actually cycled on Arran before :shock: ......... it would be nice to put a tick next to that!

Cheers

Hi all ....my expectation was to go round Arran in balmy high teens and stay dry...looking at forecast this is not going to happen....so I will be staying on the mainland this weekend. I should really do some audax prep anyhows...

If you do go over ...have a great ride...

Cheers,

Davie