Bike touring & wild camping in Scotland

• 2023 Subscriptions

Seeing if there is anyone else interested in doing a bit of touring with wild camping flung in.

Next summer hoping to do 5 nights or so with approx. 50/80 miles a day, possibly heading over to Orkney / Shetland Isles.

This year thought I might do a taster with 2/3 nights a bit more local, probably a long weekend in July.

Anyone else have a similiar interest? :D

• 2024 Subscriptions

Like the touring bit but not so sure about the wild camping. Have done it in the past and the midges are a pita (and everywhere else as well).  Hostels maybe. Plan on doing something myself this summer. Like Chung I’ll watch the thread with I interest.

• Members
On 5/24/2019 at 8:30 PM, XXX said:

Why carry hire a van and driver , makes it so much more enjoyable, planning on a long ride 2020 maybe LeJog or Channel to the med or Atlantic to Med or London to Geneva 

Keep me posted about LeJog as on the bucket list to be ticked off.

Davie,

Would be up for a short tour with minimal bike packing and not that keen on camping, the less you take luggage wise the more you will enjoy riding the bike.

With regards to future foreign trip ...given my experience of a couple of days in Netherlands it's a great way to spend time on the bike. I would happily do another trip either in the Netherlands - the bike lanes are better than you could ever imagine - or further afield. Goggle maps if set for bike lanes / bike routes proved pretty much idiot proof for my short trip.,