Chaingang 23 May 630pm

• 2023 Subscriptions

Usual time and place!

It shouldn't need saying but remember that in a chain gang you are supposed to ride through and off....not through and continue to accelerate as you join the other side. By all means attack if you want however try and not surge through if you are only doing your turn in the rotation.

Of course all of this may be inevitable due to it being big group with lots of recovery and then a tendency to come through too hard as a result.  The solution may be splitting into smaller groups but i'll leave that option for now.

• 2023 Subscriptions
4 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Usual time and place!

It shouldn't need saying but remember that in a chain gang you are supposed to ride through and off....not through and continue to accelerate as you join the other side. By all means attack if you want however try and not surge through if you are only doing your turn in the rotation.

Of course all of this may be inevitable due to it being big group with lots of recovery and then a tendency to come through too hard as a result.  The solution may be splitting into smaller groups but i'll leave that option for now.

Jan

They just need a reminder when they do it plus remind the resting rider not to chase the wheel if they do go through too hard, it’s the same people so they know who they are, anyway I will be too pissed to care COYS 

• 2023 Subscriptions
17 hours ago, GlenIrving said:

Plan to be there...DONT think splitting into groups would be a good idea

I did the North Side Chain Gang on Monday which had 3 groups of 12 to 15 riders. That worked perfectly. I guess people join in along the way but when you get to 20+ riders we become a hazard to the motorists and it's harder to get a training benefit. What's your objection to splitting the group?

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 minutes ago, Ian Archibald said:

I did the North Side Chain Gang on Monday which had 3 groups of 12 to 15 riders. That worked perfectly. I guess people join in along the way but when you get to 20+ riders we become a hazard to the motorists and it's harder to get a training benefit. What's your objection to splitting the group?

You will find with most it’s egos, yet more than half take the short cut , funny thing egos 

1 hour ago, Ian Archibald said:

Not an objection just an opinion....

• 2023 Subscriptions

Lots of attacking tonight with a strong wind.

New sprint king in town with Sam being the first to beat Marc in a head to head this year.  Admittedly it looked a bit close to call but i figure cant have Marc winning all the points every week :D Also Richie is now a member and eligible for points!

kom

Marc  - 5

Sam - 4

Richie - 3

Galeb - 2

Ian A - 1

Finish

Sam - 6

Marc - 4

Me - 3

Richie - 2

Ian A - 1

• 2023 Subscriptions

So if you go with groups , Question 1 who is in the faster group? Question 2 Which group goes first , Question 3 How do you move from group 1 to 2 and finally Question 4 Who decides who’s in which, and based on what criteria?

Why not just hammer it along the West Ferry and see who’s left standing, that usually splits the group, then hammer it into and out of Kilmalcolm that would split it , popularity brings additional problems 

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 5/23/2019 at 11:26 PM, XXX said:

So if you go with groups , Question 1 who is in the faster group? Question 2 Which group goes first , Question 3 How do you move from group 1 to 2 and finally Question 4 Who decides who’s in which, and based on what criteria?

Why not just hammer it along the West Ferry and see who’s left standing, that usually splits the group, then hammer it into and out of Kilmalcolm that would split it , popularity brings additional problems 

On Thursday there weren't enough riders for split groups. I enjoy the Thursday chain gang especially as riders with completely different agendas can all ride together. I personally want to do as little work as possible until the Clune. After the Clune gloves come off and on the Georgetown it's great to alternate between making the whole GT hard or sitting in for the sprint, or going for a late break. Whatever I try it doesn't work of course.

Billy told me yesterday he always goes long on the sprint because if he went short with his 1400 watts no-one would stand a chance.

Also the Renfrew Bunch on a Tuesday is great for 40km eyeballs out from the gun. Some folks start at the top of Bishopton and go up the Heggies. They save everything for the GT sprint.They know who they are :)