Around the World in a Day

• 2023 Subscriptions

Received this email from Mark Beaumont during the week.  I am not planning on doing it this year, but if anyone is keen, let me know and I can send you the link to register.  Not sure when they will be releasing the registration link but expect it will be in the coming days/weeks.

You are receiving this because either you took part in the inaugural ATW1D in 2018 or you expressed interest and were on the long waiting list.  You are now in the leading group for places in the 2019 event, and places are strictly on a first come, first served basis.  So, feel free to sign up and share with friends who you believe have 240 miles in their legs and the ability to raise £1000 for the STV Children’s Appeal!  Last year we raised over £90,000 and this year we are aiming to smash £100,000.

Together, we will ride 18,000 miles in a day - the equivalent of circumnavigating the world!  We’ll follow the stunning coast-to-coast route across Scotland, from an airbase near Campbelltown, through the Loch Lomond National Park to Duthie Park in Aberdeen. 

This is not a race – it’s an epic feat of endurance.  Starting around 4am on the West Coast, we will complete 4 x 4 hour cycles with half hour breaks in between.  Along the way you are likely to work your way through 8000kcal and downing around 8 litres of fluid.… in the manner of the Around the World in 80 Days.  The ride will be fully supported.

This glorious ride is in aid of the STV Charity Appeal and we are asking cyclists to fundraise £1000 each.  Places are limited to 80 so if the fundraising tally is as daunting as the mileage, please think twice and leave the space for those who are confident on smashing it!

With the STV cameras rolling, you will not only have the pressure of undertaking Scotland’s toughest endurance cycle but also have your chance for a little bit of fame along the way.

If you are interested, we will be sending out a link to register shortly so keep an eye out for this email coming through.  The registration fee will be £75.

I hope you will consider joining me again, or for the first time, on this great coast-to-coast ride and making a big difference to children across Scotland.

All the best

Mark Beaumont