Chaingang 16 May 630pm

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 5/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, Alan McLean said:

Forecast is good, there will be lots of riders. This is a club ride with guests who we make welcome. If you can still speak during the ride then by all means invite guests to join if they are not already in a sister club. There are a lot of non-club riders who need a home and these rides have shown that we're a good bunch to ride with. 

Didn’t realise Thursday chain gang had been annexed to the official club activities. My understanding was it was Charlie’s ride and anyone was welcome. If the JWCC worthies get to have a say that’ll be the end of civilisation as we know it. Seriously pained and discombobulated. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
7 hours ago, Ian Archibald said:

Didn’t realise Thursday chain gang had been annexed to the official club activities. My understanding was it was Charlie’s ride and anyone was welcome. If the JWCC worthies get to have a say that’ll be the end of civilisation as we know it. Seriously pained and discombobulated. 

It was never a club ride as such and Doc knows that and is chancing it , 

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 5/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, Elaine Muirhead said:

Made it to the end of the Georgetown and lost it! Fastest 3 miles I’ve ever done!  Is that a record for the quickest person to be dropped icon_blue_laugh  

No. I got dropped before the end of the Georgetown on the first run this year.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chain gang is great and everyone is welcome. Not official Jwcc night just so happens was started by Jwcc members as alternative to Renfra bunch to give us lesser mortals a taste of chain gang. Iain Mctavishes’s introduction of World Cup has just made it better and more popular but whilst an open event Jwcc do have their own points table which is great for me  

i also pained and discombobulated as being a Jwcc worthy thought me and gang were doing alright. Healthy senior and jet membership regular main & 30 miler bunch runs. Recent resurrection of intermediate bunch ( see Sunday coming) Wednesday women’s only ride. Confined events when members give up their time to allow other members and on occasions guests to ride and get a time.maintenance classes about to start again with members giving of their time and experience for others. Discounts on your nosh @ Amaretto. Fancy new kit etc etc. 

Sorry I am a bit crotchety just now as have been laid up with chest infection and being old a hypochondriac & asthmatic only heightens my despair

• 2023 Subscriptions
9 hours ago, Ian Archibald said:

Complex chap !

Maybe the lack of sprint wins on the Gtown is pushing him over the edge :)

• Committee

Apologies to Iain and others. I got a bit over- enthusiastic in my Membership Secretary role. Yes you are correct, it's not an official club ride so no obligation on anyone to join. But club members should get credit for posting it up and generally enthusing. Please welcome any potential members anyway if they are interested. I do try but usually unable to speak. 

• Committee
On 5/17/2019 at 8:10 AM, Elaine Muirhead said:

Made it to the end of the Georgetown and lost it! Fastest 3 miles I’ve ever done!  Is that a record for the quickest person to be dropped icon_blue_laugh  

Shame, I was looking for you at Bishy. Did you get caught at lh turn onto barnsford Rd? I am guessing that you were absolutely fine in the bunch to end of gtr but a small gap and the tailwind was just too much when the road turned. You are fit and will do fine if you get to head of bunch at the brief pauses at the end of gtr, red smiddy roundabout and bishy lights. I have been caught at all of them with a lack of concentration. If people sprint from the stop and you start at the back they will be gone!

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 5/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, charlie p said:

Chain gang is great and everyone is welcome. Not official Jwcc night just so happens was started by Jwcc members as alternative to Renfra bunch to give us lesser mortals a taste of chain gang. Iain Mctavishes’s introduction of World Cup has just made it better and more popular but whilst an open event Jwcc do have their own points table which is great for me  

i also pained and discombobulated as being a Jwcc worthy thought me and gang were doing alright. Healthy senior and jet membership regular main & 30 miler bunch runs. Recent resurrection of intermediate bunch ( see Sunday coming) Wednesday women’s only ride. Confined events when members give up their time to allow other members and on occasions guests to ride and get a time.maintenance classes about to start again with members giving of their time and experience for others. Discounts on your nosh @ Amaretto. Fancy new kit etc etc. 

Sorry I am a bit crotchety just now as have been laid up with chest infection and being old a hypochondriac & asthmatic only heightens my despair

On 5/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, charlie p said:

I am being less than gracious about our esteemed worthies. Pleased about these new initiatives. I can see the goodwill.  

Guess I never got over being banned from the confined events when I paid my subs but took out a BC race licence with another club.

My sourness is not an age thing I was born crotchety. Just glad I can ask my friends along on a Thursday. 

And you’ll escape that Slough of Despond any day now Charlie.

Cheers