Volunteers

Elaine Muirhead

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi all. Delighted to have been asked by Alan and the committee to host some women’s only rides this summer. Thanks to Mia and Fiona who are already on board to help. Purpose is to lead some short (90 minute max) local rides and hopefully attract some new members to the club. Looking at advertising this both on the bunch and social media. 

I was wondering if there are any willing volunteers (male and female) to come and help with some briefings and general advice??  This would likely be between 6:45 and 7:15pm at the club rooms, prior to us going for a ride. Thoughts were something  like;

22/05/19 - safety brief and walk through about bunch riding.  May also be good to have some volunteers to make sure bikes are set up safely. 

I am also happy to lead a ride on 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th June. Not planning on a brief/advice session every week but thought that we could cover,  how to change a puncture one week and general bike maintenance on another. 

Mr Muirhead has already volunteered his help and it would be great to have some others on board too. Either reply using this thread or send me a message if you can help at all.

Thanks, E

Hi this is a great idea especially the maintenance side which I have no clue.  For example phone a friend for a flat tyre haha.  I will definately be joining in when I can make it.   If people see more woman riding in a bunch it may encourage them.  I have certainly loved going out with Mia and the other girls  great fun.

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 hours ago, chung said:

Great idea, Elaine!

I’m happy to lend a hand but am not sure about my availabilities that far ahead.

Is it OK to confirm near the time & when you have more details confirmed?

Cheers

Chung

Thanks Chung. I thought you would be perfect for the bike maintenance as you are a legend and hero at keeping your bikes in mint condition :grin: Let me know nearer the time if any of the nights suit. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 4/29/2019 at 9:05 PM, AlanT said:

Happy to come along and do the walk through/ checks / whatever. 

Thanks Alan. That would be great. 

On 4/29/2019 at 10:01 PM, PaulL said:

Happy to help, Would be more than willing to do a talk on map reading and route planning :)

Paul.......I must have missed that chat a couple of weekends ago ;-)  Will be making sure I use familiar roads that I know well :grin:  Good to have you on board. 

Thanks Iain.  Have sent some info to Colin to post on social media so we can get folks sharing it through fb too. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Morning all. First of the Women’s rides this Wednesday. Looking for two or three experience bunched riders to talk us through the do’s and donts. Any takers?

Plan is to meet at the club room at 6:45 and was thinking a 10-15 minute brief and walk through. Think of it as a wee short cafe stop on an evening ride! I’ll even make the coffee and bring the biscuits.