TRIBES – CYCLING NONSENSE AND SNOBBERY

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

A good article... 

https://humancyclist.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/tribes-cycling/

"You need not look far for divisions within the cycling world. Thankfully most are petty, some tongue in cheek, a little just plain old fun. Yet we would all do well to remember that no one voice is louder than another, one truth no more just than another.

We are one and the same. Agree to disagree and remember to celebrate the differences between us as much as we treasure our commonalities."

nature cat dog GIF by PBS KIDS

• 2023 Subscriptions

You and the article missed the whole point which is

There are those who ride with their bits made by a fishing rod manufacturer, then there are those in the know who ride with Campagnolo who are the Royalty of the cycling word and by right can turn their noses up at the rest of you cheapskates . 

No gif required 

• Life Members
27 minutes ago, PaulL said:

Hahah, there may be some truth in that! But thats the point of the article(I dont think I made any points)... If using Campagnolo makes you feel good, then you are doing it right... 

Although the greatest cyclist of our time would disagree...  ;-)

Classics-MVDP-landscape-1.jpg?sw=1064

That’s a nice new bike Paul!

Its got you written all over it :-)

Get you credit card limit increased for this Sunday in Edinburgh me think :-)

• 2023 Subscriptions
22 hours ago, XXX said:

You and the article missed the whole point which is

There are those who ride with their bits made by a fishing rod manufacturer, then there are those in the know who ride with Campagnolo who are the Royalty of the cycling word and by right can turn their noses up at the rest of you cheapskates . 

No gif required 

I don’t know XXX I believe that your public image, profile and likability could be seriously improved by more liberal use of Gifs in your postings xxx