request for info re accident on Erskine bridge

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi all,

I received this email today from a bloke who came off his bike on the Erskine Bridge - looking for info from others. Anyone feels they have anything to offer please drop him a line or give him a call.

---------------------------------------------

I was involved in an accident near the northern end of the northbound cycle-path/walkway section of the Erskine Bridge at the end of September last year and would like both to warn your members to look out / be careful when cycling over the bridge - in the accident I had, I hit some bumps/lumps that I hadn't seen, which threw me off my bike; I broke some bones, lacerated my kidney and so on - there are still some similar bumps/lumps on both the cycle-path and walkway (I wrote to the maintenance company asking them to fix them, which they almost did, just not all of them or terribly well); however, I'd also like to ask if there is anyone who has had any similar such accidents, or even just noticed any such bumps/lumps at any time over the past year or two - if there are, could you ask them to get in touch (by email: [email protected], or by 'phone 07474 456 333)?

Many thanks

Adrian Aldsworth

I friend of mine was the consultant who looked over this chap I think as he told me about it, I have mentioned to the bunch every time When crossing the bridge. The majority of these are patched up with visible small squares of tarmac however there are a few still there which may be new ones....please be aware are this look like small tarmac mushroom tops about 15cm in diameter and about 3inches high. Very dangerous!!

• 2 weeks later...