Chaingang 11 April 600pm

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great turn out tonight and very enjoyable (came 3rd in sprint after taking the short-cut). Marc Kelly has even less shame, taking the short cut and winning the sprint. Bah!

Anyway seems there are people not happy with who we ride with and what we say in the JWCC, however I'm hoping the Thursday group can stay a broad church and cope with some levity. 

Meantime going to ban myself from the Sewing Bee and Sunday groups (before I get banned). Be sad if Thursday nights went the same way as the official club rides.

Excellent night.

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see so many out tonight. Top night for it. 

Can't recommend the Thursday night bunch enough, get out early season and get those legs going. An added bonus of Ian Archibald having peaked in January once again, get out and see him getting dropped on the GT. A sight to behold! 

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

I thought that was pretty smooth tonight, and I thought the pace was sensible until I looked at my data when I got home. :-x

Much, much happier with that tonight, after the embarrassment of getting dropped on the Georgetown last week. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Ian Archibald said:

Great turn out tonight and very enjoyable (came 3rd in sprint after taking the short-cut). Marc Kelly has even less shame, taking the short cut and winning the sprint. Bah!

Anyway seems there are people not happy with who we ride with and what we say in the JWCC, however I'm hoping the Thursday group can stay a broad church and cope with some levity. 

Meantime going to ban myself from the Sewing Bee and Sunday groups (before I get banned). Be sad if Thursday nights went the same way as the official club rides.

Excellent night.

Cheers

Agree Ian. It’s a great night and having a broad church improves competitiveness overall and is reputationally good for the club too. Excellent night indeed!

Great run for my first chaingang this year, legs felt a bit spent after Flanders on Saturday  but lasted till before houston hanging off the back before Georgetown, the Belgium beer effect. I’m sending my new JWCC back as it didn’t make me faster :( good to see some faces I’ve not seen over the winter!!

• 2023 Subscriptions

OK think this is it.  Will update the spreadsheet later. Full points for Marc this week and also good spread of riders making the top 5 in the KOM and finish.

KOM

Marc - 5

Sam - 4

Me - 3

Iain C - 2

Colin - 1 

(i may have Iain and Colin wrong but i think thats the order?)

---

Sprint

Marc - 6

Me - 4

Ian A - 3

Alan Mcl - 2

Andy - 1