Whole Club Run Sunday 14th April

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ladies and gents, the first whole club run of the season will be on Sunday 14th April. As is traditional, we meet at the clubhouse at 09:00 and head for Largs via Bishopton, West Ferry, round the coast, after which the bunches can split up. Short cuts available via Barochan Road to Langbank, or the cycle track to Port Glasgow. Bail out options a-plenty.

Please also note that if the A78 is still closed at Skelmorlie, we will detour via Loch Thom, which will involve a bit of up.

This will be mixed ability groups, riding at the pace of the slowest rider in each group, so if you're expecting a training run, this is not for you.

Please post up if interested, so that I can give the Bagel Basket a heads up on numbers

• 2023 Subscriptions

I've now got family stuff I need to do on Sunday, so I won't be out. Can someone else take the organisation of the bunches please.

• 2023 Subscriptions
22 hours ago, AlanT said:

I've now got family stuff I need to do on Sunday, so I won't be out. Can someone else take the organisation of the bunches please.

Thanks Alan,

Will be happy to lead a steady bunch Inc Jets heading out via bike path to the Port. All welcome to join us.

Does anyone know yet whether the coast road will be open on Sunday?

• Life Members

I'm in!

Paul Leavy & myself ran a "sweepstake" for the Flanders race last Sunday while on the Koppenberg, which was enjoyed by all who took part (even the Jets) :-)

The eventually winner was Delphine (Phil's Belgium partner) who had the EF Education First team.

So, we thought it would be a good idea to do the same for Sunday's Paris-Roubaix race too, which some of us will be watching at the Amaretto after the run!

Format is that - £3 buys you a team from the draw of the hat. Whichever rider from the team wins the race wins, easy!

There's prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place, not just the overall winner, so everyone has a better chance to win some dosh :-)

We're planning to get the entry in before the start of the run at the clubroom, so if folks can maybe get there a few minutes earlier, then we can sort it out before the run/race kicks off.

Also, it would be great if you could have the right change as well, £3 coins or fivers please, saves us from scrambling for change!

The latest teams are as follows:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/paris-roubaix/2019/startlist/roster

25 teams - 25 punters at £3 each - Winning pot is £75. I think it was £45 for the winner, £20 runner-up & £10 for 3rd.

Come on then, let the real fun begins!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Will have only 4 jets tomorrow as many are away at an SC RACE coaching session tomorrow. However 2 are Flandrians so we can put them on the front. 

All welcome to join us for a nice and steady run via the track to the Port and then Brisbane Glen.