Di2 code red

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Urgent help required !

My Di2 seems to have lost its brain. So I tried doing the crash reset thing and it should cycle though the gears, however it is doing all sorts of random things even during the reset when  you spin the cranks and it should cycle though the gears. When I activate the levers afterwards it can go in either direction! Tried disconnecting battery but that didn't work either ?!

Any advice very welcome

ps - Galeb I will be out on winter bike in the morning anyway

:)

GP Lama uploaded a vid to YouTube not that long ago when he tried to update the firmware on his new giant. Went wrong and everything stopped working. He basically had to disconnect everything and reconnect bit by bit updating the firmware as he went. Solved his problem and may help you...

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks Alan, long story short - I did use etube and called helplines etc. Etube saw no fault and registered gear 1 when it was actually in gear 2 etc. Ultimately Dooleys put the diagnostic kit on and the rear mech has been diagnosed with alzhiemers. New one fitted. Old one 10 days left on 2 year warranty so that might be a stroke of luck. Unbelievably I have gone through 2 rear mechs in 3 years. Other than that Di2 is brilliant in my view.

:)