Chocolate Series #1 Wednesday 27th March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

It must be summertime again, because the Chocolate series has started.

18:15 meet for an 18:30 off, lights recommended.

The meeting point is at the military camp at the end of the Georgetown Road, starting from the edge of the driveway, down to the Houston roundabout and back, finishing opposite the start position. 7.2 miles of fun.

Just to recap, the rules are:

Only those who have not run better than 26 minutes over a 10 in the last three years are eligible to win the Chocolate trophy, although there is a sub 26 award as well. This is a handicapped series, based on your best 10 time at the start of the season. If you don't have a 10 time, a 'standard' time of 26 minutes will be allocated. The objective is to improve your time, and therefore your handicap through the season.

All club members, including Jets are welcome to take part(parental consent forms are required!).

I need a minimum of 3 riders, as well as a timekeeper and holder, post up if you're coming. If this event is cancelled for any reason, it will not be re-scheduled.

I'll post the risk assessment up on Monday evening.

I intend to ride.

• 2023 Subscriptions

It's been brought to my attention that sunset is at 18:45 on Wednesday. That means either we go at 6:00 or cancel. Thoughts in one word please. Go for early, no for cancel.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Gents, I'm really concerned now about the lack of light at 6:15 tonight. With that in mind, I'm taking the decision to cancel this weeks event.

Thanks to everyone who indicated support for this event.