Sunday 24th March - Lazy Run Part 2

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jwcc group of 6. Major cock up where meeting led to delayed start. Myself Billy John Iain couttie & ian carvill eventually left from clubrooms and headed for Bowfield. Picked up Mr Gumley on the way. Carvill called it a day just after reservoir. John Clark got a puncture at the canny man. His attempt at changing tube was of Hamoc  proportions. So 1 hour later( a bit  of poetic licence)we were back on road. Left Andy at stewarton and decided to do sewing bee route after a leisurely coffee stop in Stewarton. Faultless ride back to top of Dalek hill when disaster struck Billy. George had clearly got out his voodoo Billy doll as his rear mech sheared off. John redeemed himself as he had all the tools ( including chain link) to fix to a fixie. However George’s voodoo magic ran deep as Billy’s chain was buckled and we had to push him to Glennifer braes road. 

Still a cracking ride & can not believe how many bailed out. 

• Members

Jesus an eventful ride guys. Hope all okay Billy, must be that bloody trek....

Did not want to hold you back todays guys as I don't have any cycling legs at moment. Ended up doing a wee solo run round Langbank and Kilmalcolm and was brutal into that wind. Good effort guys and hopefully get my cycling legs before Flanders.

• 2023 Subscriptions

So I left the chaps at stewarton comforting myself with the thought of getting to Troon and turning towards home and getting out of the headwind. Oh how wrong I was. I nearly cried. Now comforting myself that I have a fully functional rear mech. 

Hope your okay Billy and no more voodoo hoodoo! Nice to see everyone today and prizes for all going out in that weather 

andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes expensive choice for me today, should have stayed in bed, mech snapped in three places , chain plates were all twisted , got home after getting blown to the top of the braes enjoyed the decent until I grounded my pedal , got home ordered new mech and new Campagnolo chain £90 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, XXX said:

As an outsider looks like you don’t have a faster longer bunch you have what would have been an intermediate bunch, being driven my riders who may have done little training over the dark winter and now want everybody to ride to accommodate them. Oh the joys of the great club run pace debate.

Is this for real, committee?

Chapeau to the hardy few who braved the elements.

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Is this for real, committee?

Chapeau to the hardy few who braved the elements.

Yes , that’s why I joined them today as it was the fast boys , obviously Charlie being the exception, mind you don’t think the committee is that fast so it’s very real 

• Life Members
1 hour ago, XXX said:

Yes expensive choice for me today, should have stayed in bed, mech snapped in three places , chain plates were all twisted , got home after getting blown to the top of the braes enjoyed the decent until I grounded my pedal , got home ordered new mech and new Campagnolo chain £90 

Billy, Campagnolo 11 speed (Centaur I presume?)rear mech & chain for 90quid???

Is that before VAT? :-)

Bargain of the century!

• 2023 Subscriptions
3 minutes ago, chung said:

Billy, Campagnolo 11 speed (Centaur I presume?)rear mech & chain for 90quid???

Is that before VAT? :-)

Bargain of the century!

Yes went for chorus chain £34 so only £54 or so for mech