Sunday 24th March - Lazy Run Part 2

Morning M'Lud

I hope all is well with you

Still in March - muddies still on and the not so Skinny One out of hibernation early. Me thinks main bunch pace as far as a definition can be pinned onto that moving target. Not bogs bunch pace but neither intermediate pace - same pace as Sunday last, I guess if that was main bunch pace. I'll hang in until I go pop, then scuttle home. I think you can read 'lazy' as being 'not as long a distance as the Flanders bound chaps'. 

I'll be looking for a wheel to drag me around the Sewing Bee from next month, how's your diary looking? Got a stone to lose and 2 mph to find. Just think, you'll be able to give me a kicking all the way up the Bowfield and from Stewarton to the turn for home. What's not to like.

• 2023 Subscriptions

'Lazy' was a reference to the 09:30 start as well as the much shorter distance.

pace should be fast enough to stay warm, but without blowing anyone up.

• 2023 Subscriptions

As an outsider looks like you don’t have a faster longer bunch you have what would have been an intermediate bunch, being driven my riders who may have done little training over the dark winter and now want everybody to ride to accommodate them. Oh the joys of the great club run pace debate.

As Alan says - Bowfield, Lugton, Dunlop, Stewarton. Then onto Kilmaurs, Knockintiber,  Crosshouse, Gatehouse, Dundonald, Barassie Troon (cafe of choice). Return via Loans and the reverse of the outward route to Kilmaurs then a sortie out towards Fenwick (I'll bale out here) and then onto Stewarton, Dunlop, Luggie and Bowfield. A variant would be to head for Stewarton then take a right at the cross, up Glasgow Road/Dubbs Road and follow the sewing bee route back. 

I'm guessing 65 miles. Turns will no doubt be shouted out as we get to them.