Sign in to follow this  
George

Dunoon 17/03/19

Anyone fancy this?

long term forecast is decent.

Last time we did this I turned right at ferry in Gourock & returned home via the cut & through Largs. Brings mileage up to 126 miles.

good Flanders training!

F5EFAF71-D85D-42BA-A082-6D804326341D.jpeg

4 hours ago, GlenIrving said:

I’m As today ended up abandoned 

4 hours ago, GlenIrving said:

I’m As today ended up abandoned 

What happened? Air Rescue from Erskine Bridge? Struggled to get car up Glennifer Braes in car  this morning. Dread to think what Dukes Pass was like?

1 hour ago, George said:

What happened? Air Rescue from Erskine Bridge? Struggled to get car up Glennifer Braes in car  this morning. Dread to think what Dukes Pass was like?

Was at the clubrooms at it started with freezing rain then coming  down like golf balls and lying, decided to can it when we were enroute to the bridge, coldest I’ve even been 

FC7D211E-612C-4800-8531-682F6594FC83.jpeg

9ADBAED6-6A15-4654-B4A9-FAD99B1A78C9.jpeg

Just observed the 'better weather' George booked for this weekend - MET Office  have issued a yellow snow warning for all day Saturday for much of Scotland, although Argyll seems not to be affected. Always good to avoid yellow snow me thinks, wherever you are.

PS if anyone finds my cycling mojo, please tell it to come home

Weather still looking great for tomorrow. Looks like it’s George Iain Couttie Glen & me. More than enough horsepower to get us round. Can I suggest we meet at bus stop on Georgetown road at 8.15 am as Glen lives in Houston and we all have to pass through.

59 minutes ago, charlie p said:

Weather still looking great for tomorrow. Looks like it’s George Iain Couttie Glen & me. More than enough horsepower to get us round. Can I suggest we meet at bus stop on Georgetown road at 8.15 am as Glen lives in Houston and we all have to pass through.

OK 

20 minutes ago, Alan McLean said:

Provisional 0830 bridge for me depending on whether there is lying slush/ice.

We aren’t going to Bridge of Weir. Going along Georgetown to Smiddy then over Bridge.