Bike Carrier Help!

robster82

I've a Saris Grand Fondo rack available for a try out Robbie, if you're still in the market for a rack. Simple to fit to most cars - you can check their website regards compatibility to your car. No straps touching the frame and the bikes are kept apart from each other also. Totally stable at motorway speeds (can confirm this) and no chance of that low bridge moment. Only down side is the the rack is limited to only two bikes and you need to work out your own anti theft solution - which is not too difficult. Storage could be an issue if you don't have a garage. I hang mine from the garage trusses. Been using this system for a couple of years now with no issues at all. Looks a bit pro with the bikes 'hanging' off the back of the car.

M

Saris Grand Fondo Car Rack Mid Grey

• Life Members
57 minutes ago, robster82 said:

Thanks for info Mark, storing the carrier is an issue as live in a flat with not a lot of storage space.

I'm thinking a roof carrier would be more suitable at the moment.

Cheers

Robbie, I've bought roof rack + bike carriers from this site many of times in the past!

https://www.roofbox.co.uk

I recommend the "Thule" brand, though others are available.

Good luck & let me know if you need any help in choosing  ............ 

Cheers

Chung