Restricted Gear TT, Saturday 13th April

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

It's the start of the Confined Event TT series, on Sunday 10th March. This is the first trophy of the season up for grabs to the fastest rider on the day.

2 laps of a hilly route with some challenging turns and a terrific descent, all in the small ring. An excellent introduction to time trialling for beginners, as well as a decent warm up for the more experienced.

In keeping with the spirit of restricted gears, only those riding road bikes will be considered eligible for the trophy, i.e. no TT bikes, skinsuits or pointy hats please. Some of the more senior jets will also be welcome to ride in this first competitive confined event of the season.

There will be a short ride down to Castle Semple after the run for tea and scones, for all the athletes.

As normal, there will be a £3 entry fee, payable on the day, the proceeds going towards the costs of the awards at the end of the season.

The course:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/651582320

Please note that the start point has been moved to the duck pond where parking is better and traffic is slower. This should make the start a little safer for everyone.

Meet at the start at 09:45 ready for first rider off at 10:00.

Volunteers are required to hold and timekeep

I will post the Risk Assessment on Friday. Sadly, I will not be able to ride this year due to family commitments.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is there any interest in this for Sunday? I have noticed it's clashing with an extended club run in the run up to Flanders, so I'm happy to move to Saturday if that's going to suit people better. It would also mean that I can ride as well.

i need an indication of numbers no later than Thursday night. If there are no takers, that means I get to hold onto the trophy for another year.......

• 2023 Subscriptions

It's a shame this is so early in the season often with the likelihood of poor weather. 

Could it be held later on in the year? I think the turnout on a summer evening would be decent - could replace the Thursday chaingang for a week then it wouldnt clash with an existing confined TT. Plus its a roadie course so the chainy regulars could give it a go as well.

• 2023 Subscriptions
13 hours ago, AlanT said:

Is there any interest in this for Sunday? I have noticed it's clashing with an extended club run in the run up to Flanders, so I'm happy to move to Saturday if that's going to suit people better. It would also mean that I can ride as well.

i need an indication of numbers no later than Thursday night. If there are no takers, that means I get to hold onto the trophy for another year.......

Had advertised to Jets with some good response. Happy to delay till later in the year though. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Weather forecast is pretty grim for the weekend. I think postponing until mid April might be a good call. I'll check the calendar and see what I can do.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Forecast is only getting worse, so I'm going to postpone this event until mid April. Choices are Saturday 13th or Saturday 20th. The latter date is the Easter weekend, I think, so may not be suitable if people are away.

Please post up your preference.

• 2023 Subscriptions
19 minutes ago, AlanT said:

Forecast is only getting worse, so I'm going to postpone this event until mid April. Choices are Saturday 13th or Saturday 20th. The latter date is the Easter weekend, I think, so may not be suitable if people are away.

Please post up your preference.

Thanks Alan. Will check the youth racing calendar for clashes.  

• AlanT changed the title to Restricted Gear TT, Satruday 13th April
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Is there any interest in this for Saturday 13th April?

The other option is, as Jan has suggested, hold it on a Thursday evening during May/June so that there is no clash with other races. Would the Chain gang be willing to sacrifice their weekly doing for this?

Anyway, post up the usual volunteers and riders for Saturday 13th April, and we'll see about the rest. All the aforementioned restrictions still apply.

• AlanT changed the title to Restricted Gear TT, Saturday 13th April
  • 2023 Subscriptions

If there no one else up for this for this week, I'll postpone again. I'll make the call no later than 8pm on Thursday 11th.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ok, this event is NOT happening this weekend. 

Ian, you and I need to get our heads together and agree a date if we're going to do a Thursday night. I'm happy to extend the invite to the chain gang group, but only club members will be eligible for the trophy. We're also limited to 25 riders as a confined event, so if we've got Jets involved, some of the non members in the chain gang will miss out.