New Calpe (Spain) thread

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Folks 

this thread has gone a bit quiet but I believe a few people are still interested. 

John, Ian and myself have booked flights for 6th June to 11th June.

Flights are 

6/6; Jet2 7.15am (LS177)

11/6; Ryanair 15.00pm (FR2521)

Hope to see a few more heading for España.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Might see you there, but yous have booked a stupidly expensive flight out £140 , need to take a lighter bike out so going on the flights yous have booked makes it very expensive so likely to go Ryan Air maybe the day before , will not be staying up north will stay south 

• 2023 Subscriptions
22 hours ago, ginty001 said:

Not at all Billy, didnt think you were actually planning to travel with us, hoping u can get some rides in with us, no reason why u can’t  crash with us a night or two ..

Generally you would be included in the discussion on travel , if you were part of the group , disappointed with the apparent underhand way this was done after all the effort I put in to organise last years trip 

• 2024 Subscriptions

Billy

I’m sorry that you feel disappointed. All we were trying to do was to get the trip ‘moving’ as it was in danger of not happening at all. The dates are the ones discussed before Xmas in the other thread. In fact they are the  only dates that most people expressing interest could  manage. So, there is nothing ‘underhand’ there. We assumed that if we booked flights and got the thing moving others could do the same, whether for the exact dates or for a shorter stay. Nothing ‘underhand’ there either. 

We have said a number of times that you are more than welcome to join us. We had assumed and hoped that you and others would. But,  you  have indicated on more than one occasion that you would not stay the whole duration in Calpe, so we assumed that you would make arrangements to suit yourself. 

As far as I’m concerned that’s all there is to say.

Let’s all look forwards to a few days pedalling in the sun.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Been looking at flights my plan is to go to casa MacD going 6/11 costs are easy jet 100 out 56 return £156 

Jet 2 same dates slightly earlier flight 120 out 50 return £170 

Ryan Air Late flight out 55 return 65 £120 

Ryanair Prestwick 5-12 is cheapest £71 out 29 back £100 

other options are Prestwick out on the 5 th 71 Ej back on 11 71 £142 cost for bike increase if you fly with two different airlines so if your taking the bike Jet2 or Ej might be cheaper .

I plan to drive up to Calpe Saturday or Sunday or Monday rest of the time will ride in the Costa Calida and Orihuela Costa areas , company welcome 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:07 AM, John C said:

We’ve now booked the accommodation; close to the centre with plenty of room to relax after a hard days cylcing.  There is still room at the inn for anyone interested in the trip.

3A16D7E2-E930-4AB7-B632-627F2C834F6A.png

like the JWCC colour co-ordinated sun loungers