Sunday 24th Feb Reliability Run #4

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The fourth and final of the 2018 Reliability rides, West Kilbride, 72 miles, is on Sunday 24th February.

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

As per previous years, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the racers leaving at 9:45am.

The route http://www.mapmyride.com/sc/victoria-english-river/reliability-no-4-west-kilbride-route-14021498

Shorter options are available, the 9 o'clock bunch may choose to cut a few corners off the route and go out via the Kilmacolm cyclepath and return via Haylie Brae, that would cut the route down to about 52 miles.

Donations of tea, coffee, soup, rolls, cakes or Italian pasta/pizza dishes will be gratefully accepted and served in the club rooms at the end of the ride. Please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting. If you haven't brought any food to the reliabilities this is your last chance this year! Thanks to those who have contributed previously.

Can we please have a keyholder to open the clubrooms prior to the first run departing.

I will not be taking part in the run but Mrs T. has graciously  offered to supply some Curried Parsnip and Apple soup, which I will be able to serve at the clubrooms from about 13:00

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks Alan.

Planning to be out at 9.00 with some Jets again this week. Want to keep them to 50 miles or thereabouts, so will follow your suggestion of bike track to the port and back up the Haylie. 

All company welcome, if anyone else fancies doing less than the full route. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
34 minutes ago, BoydJohnston said:

It's likely that I'll be following the Jets - from a distance. Hoping to hang onto them until Largs, because there's no way I'll stay with them up the Haylie Brae.

I'll keep them on a tight leash Boyd. No way I can hang on up the Haylie either.

A few of them will be at a 6 hour Scottish Cycling RACE training sesh on Saturday. Hopefully that takes some of the sting out of their legs. 

• Life Members
57 minutes ago, Anthony T said:

Was enjoying that until I got the second puncture at inverkip and could not find the source of the problem, so did not want to risk it with no tubes left, got the train back to paisley from inverkip:angryfire

Sorry to hear that Anthony! :-(

I was wondering why you turn into the car park, when I was coming back behind you.

Good call for taking the train back, don’t want to risk being stuck in the middle of nowhere to get home!

If your tyres/tread are clean, then check your rim-tape to see if it’s covering up the spoke holes sufficiently enough!

Better luck next time!

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Big group of 9am Jets and sandbaggers :grin: nice run down the coast in pleasant weather, well done to Mairi on her first club outing! making it to Largs. Thanks to AlanT and his wife for delicious soup and my own personal patisserie(Gspot) for supplying the eclairs(Sorry if you didn't get to try one! I had one and a half, I have cake issues).

Good fun!

18 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

wont make it tomorrow as need to be back early...have a good one.

Anyone recognise the guy on the right ;-) advertising the etape!, great run today and thanks for those who supplied the grub at the clubrooms, unfortunately never got one of Gerard’s cakes thanks to Paul leavy

until next week

2873AF91-9DED-40EE-8B22-5DE2B85A0980.jpeg

• 2023 Subscriptions

09:30 bunch rolled out up the cycle path and down the Clune, with a view to catching up with the main 9am bunch which we did at Gourock.  We cracked on into Largs and figured we'd wait on the 9am bunch and see what folk are doing.  Even had time for a quick coffee - thank you @Darryl Gunson for that ;)

We then chose the standard route through Dalry via West Kilbride, and back via cycle path.  It was here where I started to feel like I was going to hit the wall (I forgot to take out my lights and food with me - d'oh!) and sure enough heading through Kilbarchan I quickly ran out of energy.  Thanks @Scott for the Fruit Pastilles :)

A well disciplined bunch - great bunch riding with everyone taking a spell.  Thanks guys for letting me sit at the back over the last few miles.  Hope to be out next week but a bit time constrained so may be the 'short' route.  Will wait and see nearer the time.  

Aye good day to be out. Would agree with Colin that the bunch riding of the 930 was real smooth. Jumped ship to get the 900 bunch up the haylie and that also functioned as a good unit. Was planning to cut off at kilbirnie but was lured back to try Gerards cakes and have to say they were brillant as were the energy bars. Sorry Alan, still can't stand parsnips.

Worked off some of the calories by returning on the back roads to kilbirnie in spring like conditions ..fab day.