Reliability Run 1, Sunday 3rd Feb Tour Of Renfrewshire

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The first of the 2019 Reliability rides, the Tour of Renfrewshire, 40 miles and only slightly lumpy, is on Sunday 3rd February, as advertised on Strava.

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

Can we have a keyholder available to open the clubrooms prior to the first bunch leaving.

As normal, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the fastest bunch at 9:45am.

The route

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/elderslie-sct/reliability-no-1-tour-of-the-shire-route-1730016

As always, donations of soup, cakes, 5 course banquets with choices of fine wines will be gratefully accepted. Such donations will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride, please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting. One contribution per person across the 4 weeks of Reliability rides will mean a hearty snack for all at the end of each ride.

Can we have a non riding volunteer please to heat the soup, etc. for this first week.

If you don't feel ready for the full 40 miles at this stage in the season, don't worry there will be others in the same boat and there are various shorter options available. Just come along and work up an appetite for the soup!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I can bring some cakes

I think there will be some newbies joining the 9am group so can some of the more experienced riders in that group look out for them and show them the ropes? They're decent cyclists so fine in terms of fitness.

If no-one is doing the 9am group then i'll drop back from the 945 to ride with them.

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Lc1 said:

Why is it called the reliability run? If the weather is decent and there is some non fast bunch you can rely on me to be there.  OtherwIse I am happy to heat your soup.

It's the traditional start of the season for cycling clubs - the distance increases each week so a chance to build fitness and also see how your bike is performing.

It's lost a bit of that these days as a lot of people will train over the winter and also have winter bikes and bring out their summer one when the clocks change but in the past it was about making sure bikes and bodies were in good condition for the better weather to come.

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 1/27/2019 at 8:32 PM, AlanT said:

The first of the 2019 Reliability rides, the Tour of Renfrewshire, 40 miles and only slightly lumpy, is on Sunday 3rd February, as advertised on Strava.

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

Can we have a keyholder available to open the clubrooms prior to the first bunch leaving.

As normal, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the fastest bunch at 9:45am.

The route

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/elderslie-sct/reliability-no-1-tour-of-the-shire-route-1730016

As always, donations of soup, cakes, 5 course banquets with choices of fine wines will be gratefully accepted. Such donations will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride, please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting. One contribution per person across the 4 weeks of Reliability rides will mean a hearty snack for all at the end of each ride.

Can we have a non riding volunteer please to heat the soup, etc. for this first week.

If you don't feel ready for the full 40 miles at this stage in the season, don't worry there will be others in the same boat and there are various shorter options available. Just come along and work up an appetite for the soup!

I will be out . Plan to go with the 9am group. Will not be there if roads are icy/ snow but everything else  that the weather can deliver is OK