Reliability Run 1, Sunday 3rd Feb Tour Of Renfrewshire

AlanT

On 1/28/2019 at 9:39 PM, thejanullrichdietplan said:

I can bring some cakes

I think there will be some newbies joining the 9am group so can some of the more experienced riders in that group look out for them and show them the ropes? They're decent cyclists so fine in terms of fitness.

If no-one is doing the 9am group then i'll drop back from the 945 to ride with them.

Thanks so much! :) 

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, George said:

Can’t make out the map with my old eyes. Does this go along Westferry then up clune, Kilmalcolm, Lochwinnoch then the main road through howwood and Home?

We take the left onto Bridesmill road just before getting to Lochwinnoch then once in Howwood its the main road

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 1/28/2019 at 9:39 PM, thejanullrichdietplan said:

I can bring some cakes

I think there will be some newbies joining the 9am group so can some of the more experienced riders in that group look out for them and show them the ropes? They're decent cyclists so fine in terms of fitness.

If no-one is doing the 9am group then i'll drop back from the 945 to ride with them.

There could be some KoM opportunities with a few well judged efforts in the 9 00 group. I'm tempted, but no, my flight is booked, have to go to Tenerife.

• 2023 Subscriptions
6 hours ago, George said:

Can’t make out the map with my old eyes. Does this go along Westferry then up clune, Kilmalcolm, Lochwinnoch then the main road through howwood and Home?

The route is Georgetown road, Erskine, Bishopton, Westferry, Clune, the wall, Howwood. We don't go to Kilmacolm.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Snow is forecast for Sunday morning. There are a couple of options.

1. Leave as called

2. Push all the rides back by an hour

3. Mass turbo sesh at the clubhouse 

4. Cancel

Feel free to express a positive opinion, and I’ll make the call no later than 8am on Sunday, based on what I can see from my kitchen window....

• 2023 Subscriptions

Forecast looks like light snow shower or sleet - unless that changes to heavy snow or ice then my preference is leave as is. Pushing it back an hour might just give it a chance to settle on the ground, whereas if we leave at the normal time and it gets bad then there is the option to shorten the route.

1 hour ago, AlanT said:

Snow is forecast for Sunday morning. There are a couple of options.

1. Leave as called

2. Push all the rides back by an hour

3. Mass turbo sesh at the clubhouse 

4. Cancel

Feel free to express a positive opinion, and I’ll make the call no later than 8am on Sunday, based on what I can see from my kitchen window....

I vote for 2! 

• 2023 Subscriptions
9 minutes ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

Only two of us for this so maybe sensible to join the 9.30 group instead?

Sounds like a plan.  Although forecast is totally putting me off at the moment.  Will make a decision in the morn :)

• 2023 Subscriptions
11 minutes ago, KarenG said:

Weather permitting, looks like the 9am group for me. Are the groups in the Reliability Rides different to the Sunday groups (30 milers, Intermediates, Faster/ Longer)?

At this stage of the season, yes. Generally though, the faster, fitter people will go in the faster groups.

I will post up no later than 8am on Sunday morning about what we're doing. I quite fancy option 5 that Davie B posted, but Amaretto's won't be open until at least 11....

• 2023 Subscriptions
9 hours ago, Fiona said:

It sounds like I should be going in the 9am group but think I’m going to struggle to get there for 9am!! 

How much faster is the faster group ?? 

The expectation is that the fast group will catch the others.