Bogs

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

That was some shift from Red Smiddy to Gourock into a 'testing' headwind. When we turned onto the cross tailwind the pace ramped up. Bunch blew apart on Cloch drag leaving about 7 for the Inverkip drag. Exiting Wemyss Bay, the bunch fractured again. I soloed to Largs for a lengthy BB stop with Alan, then Billy then many other JWCC arrived. Excellent wee run back over Heely. 2 days of tank emptied this weekend - I'm sure it will be worth it at some point!

• 2024 Subscriptions

Good to be out on a very cold and windy morning. Tough into the wind but it kept the group together. Decided   to sit up on the Cloch drag and ride back up Spango via Loch Thom and Amaretto with Colin. I was ok until the the cross tail but the increase in pace was just a bit too much.

• 2023 Subscriptions

That was brutal , my own fault rather than wait on the bunch I just decided to go hopefully not for long on my own , 19 miles latter the bunch caught me 3 miles latter the bunch dropped me , soloed to Largs , Scrounged a coffe and Cake of Alan then went over the Healy with Paul totally knackered 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, P McDonald said:

Yes, Saturday bogs is Sunday bogs again this week. Billy, deja de fingir que puedes hablar español tú burro

:)

Gracias Paul Pense que era mas toro que burro , y si hablo un poco espanol, y para llamarme burro, puedes compartir una habitacion con charlie que suena como un burro cuando duerme 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hey Charlie

Sorry about your latest and greatest mechanical mishap today - I know I should not jest...its not funny. As you know I had just joined bunch 100m before and was not sure of mood so when I said slow up there was a young man ( not appropriate to name in public) who said crack on its the Renfrew bunch. After some hesitation there was a crack on.

Now here's the thing - the same young man punctured in Greenock and had to fall on his sword and get left behind - karma or what 

Anyway - once you've cooled down - tell the world how you managed to not get on the bunch at top of Bishy hill :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

As I am the nice guy I went back to help him we actually did get close to getting back on and if you’d just held back for another couple of minutes we would have bridged , but at least we didn’t take the short cut saw the four at Greenock , we just carried on round the coast it was actually good fun 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Surpassed myself today. Rode out to bishy hill. Met Paul on the way. Then Billy joined us. Nice wee chat. Rode about for a bit waiting for the bunch. Was at summit of hill already to go when noticed I in smAll chain. Tried to put in big ring but wouldn’t go in so got off bike and tried to do it manually. Chain dropped as Bunch past me. Took a wee while to sort then tried to chase down The Renfra bunch. Ridiculous idea. More chance of getting a date with Julia Roberts than catching them. My very good pal Billy MAC dropped off for me and the two of us did a 60 mile + 2 up. We were not that far behind them as they all still in Largs when we rode in. I showed my annoyance by ignoring them all and comforted myself with a bagel basket coffee. Must say though Billy & I give it. Fair lick & think I worked a lot harder as a 2 up. Billy did reminisce about our previous road races when the 2 of us would be with the bunch for a few minutes get spat out then do a 2 up. Ah memories!!!

ps as non Jwcc event does not qualify as early contender for hamoc 

Unlucky Charlie...sounds like you had a good 2up with Billy.

Good bunch ride...got harder after Kilwinning when Michael Storer decided to put the hammer down stringing up the bunch and slowly shedding the riders of the back. I got sheld out just before Lugton where I was deciding to turn off and made my own way back home.

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 2/10/2019 at 5:54 PM, charlie p said:

Surpassed myself today. Rode out to bishy hill. Met Paul on the way. Then Billy joined us. Nice wee chat. Rode about for a bit waiting for the bunch. Was at summit of hill already to go when noticed I in smAll chain. Tried to put in big ring but wouldn’t go in so got off bike and tried to do it manually. Chain dropped as Bunch past me. Took a wee while to sort then tried to chase down The Renfra bunch. Ridiculous idea. More chance of getting a date with Julia Roberts than catching them. My very good pal Billy MAC dropped off for me and the two of us did a 60 mile + 2 up. We were not that far behind them as they all still in Largs when we rode in. I showed my annoyance by ignoring them all and comforted myself with a bagel basket coffee. Must say though Billy & I give it. Fair lick & think I worked a lot harder as a 2 up. Billy did reminisce about our previous road races when the 2 of us would be with the bunch for a few minutes get spat out then do a 2 up. Ah memories!!!

ps as non Jwcc event does not qualify as early contender for hamoc 

I have Julia’s phone number. PM me if you want to ask her out for a fish tea.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bogs bunch rules amended for this week only - good bikes permitted as its guaranteed dry and eh ... some folks need a shakedown run before going to Spain :)

Remember if you are joining at Bishy hill you really ought to be in the big ring !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done Sam on his first bogs bunch (I think), rolling through no problem on what was a hard grind into Largs with quite a wind. Sam headed up Heely Brae while Ian and I persisted until we got dropped on the dreaded drag. We teamed up for a mellow run back.

Doc MacLean joined us for a bit down Greenock way but not much chance to converse as it was pretty relentless.

• 2023 Subscriptions
On 2/16/2019 at 2:49 PM, P McDonald said:

Well done Sam on his first bogs bunch (I think), rolling through no problem on what was a hard grind into Largs with quite a wind. Sam headed up Heely Brae while Ian and I persisted until we got dropped on the dreaded drag. We teamed up for a mellow run back.

Doc MacLean joined us for a bit down Greenock way but not much chance to converse as it was pretty relentless.

Seriously hard shift. Got dropped by a girl too. Sexist I know. Chapeau to Lynsey Curran. And thanks for the company home Paul. We need to do better.